ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there are some good mods that are less than $100 that most people could do on there own, just looking for ideas.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the short throw shifter. I also have upgraded brake pads...Maybe I should clarify the question... Im just wondering what kinds of things you can do on your own to mod the car to have a better sound, possibly a decent gain in power not looking for the car to be extermely fast right now, because i realize its gonna take alot of money to do it right ...don't want a bov...thinking about exhaust but its not cheap and I don't want to gut my cats or go catless... don't want to do intake silencer hack cause its not loud enough IMO...def don't wanna get rid of the muffler cause thats really ricey....the GP moto intake sounds like good idea but everybody on this board can't make up their mind about whether or not to go with a short ram with a stock setup...Just a little confused at this point.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Find a used downpipe and/or uppipe. That will do really well. If you could find a downpipe for that price, that would work then just gut the uppipe. I would do it this way if I had this budget.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
DTR maxima said:
buy a gutted uppipe from a fellow member, or gut it yourself
theres a high risk of cancer if you do it, so if you do it were face protection , dont play it dumb be safe....the catlatyc converter is cancerious

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
you can get a muffler shop to make you a decent SS cat-back for under $100....a Flowmaster muffler will run you about $30, and custom pipe from the cat to the muffler shouldn't be much...even if they use crush bends....its still better than stock, but try to find a shop that does mandrel bends.

there's a guy selling ERZ uppipes on Ebay for $89 (plus shipping). do a search for "ERZ" on here and you'll find some reviews....very few people have bad things to say about them other than the gaskets they come with suck...so either resuse the ones you already got or buy some new ones.

you can also get a number of suspension mods really cheap on EBAY.

there's a guy who sells cusco V2 underframe braces in the $50-$60 range, you can get solid rear endlinks for about $50 from the same guy.

there are also vendors who sell strut bars for under $25....they work just as well as the $200 ones..trust me. the front one isn't really necessary though, so its really just for looks...the rear one is more useful.

if you have an 04 WRX or a 02+ wagon you have a 17mm rear sway bar. You should be able to buy a used 20mm one for next to nothing. I just looked up the local WRX performance shop, popped in and asked if they had any kicking around....they GAVE me one.

·
Registered
956 Posts
make your own intercooler sprayer. I almost have mine.

parts
86 vw scirocco rear wiper pump $12
sprayers
wire
switch $3.25

likly have it in late this week or on the weekend.
I chose the scirocco bottle as it was totally square and has the best chance of being able to fit in the fender hole at the ram air for those with aem or simular intake

cheap mods cost effective...
silverstar bulbs $35 walmart
window tint $155
boost gauge $56 ebay
floor mats $50 guy on ebay sells factory one all the time.
dash cover $50
mbc - as long as you have boost gauge
radar detector :D
got one for my freind for $10 ebay for whistler 975
text display is always good!
synthetic oil change after breaking?
wrx symbol removal?
fog light covers $35 for 02-03
sterio stuff

thats my mods that were cheap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts