ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ABOUT* I have an 03 wrx. I am hitting only about .04 bars through 1,2,3 gear and only hit .05 like 75 80mph in 4th sometimes 5th. could I possibly have vacuum leak? things of that nature or is this typical for a completely stock wrx?

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
I'm thinking you meant MPa, not bar. The standard Subaru boost guage reads in MPa, or megapascal, rather than bar. Just for future reference, 1 bar = 100 kPa, or kilopascals. 1000 kPa = 1 MPa, which means that .1 MPA = 1 bar.

If you're only hitting .05 MPa, that's just over 7 psi, which is standard wastegate spring pressure. So, your boost control system isn't working correctly. This could be due to a bad boost controller, disconnected vaccuum lines, or cracked vaccuum lines.

I'd suggest you inspect the vaccuum lines first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I meant mpa my bad! I bought it from a Subaru mechanic of 27 years! He just rebuilt the motor and put everything back to stock! You think he might have just adjusted it a little lower? Idk. Thanks for the reply!

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
He may have hooked things up incorrectly.

Here is a picture of how the standard Subaru boost control system is supposed to be hooked up, make sure you check for that restrictor pill:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Helpful pic, Cody...hadn't see that one!

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea thanks for the pic and your help! looked at it the other day and everything looks fine!

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Can a bad o2 sensor cause ECU to lower the boost ?
I have a check engine (Front o2 sensor, and uppipe sensor is not installed since i have catles uppipe). I think i have the same issue with boost 0.5 Mpa at most.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
^^^Yes that could cause an issue. Not having an o2 sensor throws the CEL, causing the ECU to run in "limp" mode where it reduces boost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts