ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I recently picked up a 2020 Base WRX and just the other day it hit me that when the parking brake is in the down (disengaged) position, it has a TON of lateral play. I feel like it wobbles at least a full inch left to right. I'm 99% sure it wasn't like that when I first got it, but I'm sort of doubting myself since the shifter is notoriously sloppy as well so I started thinking "is this normal??". So before I embarrass myself by taking it to the dealer, I was hoping anyone else with a 15+ could let me know how much, if at all, their handbrake moves laterally when it's down. When I engage the parking brake, it feels relatively solid but still has a small bit of play. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

FWIW the brake itself doesn't feel loose or anything, meaning it holds the car reasonably well on an incline.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Both my 17 wrx & 16 sti the brake is tight with pretty much no side to side play. The shifter is decently tight but can be wiggled a bit in each gear maybe 1/4 inch.

If you are concerned, it's a new car so I would take it in to at least be looked at.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My ‘16 WRX handbrake is solid in any position, been like that since day 1. It shouldn’t move at all. Especially on a brand new car. I would take that back to the dealer & have them fix that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts