Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just did pads and rotors on my '13 Sti, EBC rotors and pads front, just pads rear. This was done after I notice pretty extreme wobbling under normal highway braking.

I followed the bed in directions to the T for the pads/rotors

Everything felt great for about a month but now the wobble has returned under mild braking. I feel it in the wheel, so I am thinking front end something. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,791 Posts
Agreed front end something. Consider whether a caliper is dragging because when you changed the discs and pads the wobble did go away for a while. Have a look whether you are getting uneven wear on either outer or inner pads, either side.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed front end something. Consider whether a caliper is dragging because when you changed the discs and pads the wobble did go away for a while. Have a look whether you are getting uneven wear on either outer or inner pads, either side.

Thanks! I will take a peek asap. Woulf bleeding the brake be a worthwhile use of time and money?

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
Had this same thing happen on other cars. It was indeed a bad caliper. Not 100% but I believe I changed rotor and pads AGAIN along with the caliper..... because I think what happens is the caliper drags (as @SD_GR said) and this warps the rotor which causes a pulsing pedal or wobbly SW.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I will take a peek asap. Woulf bleeding the brake be a worthwhile use of time and money?
IMO, any time a brake service is performed, the brakes should be bled. Does that answer your question?
Thanks, i am smart enough to change them, i will go get a brake fluid change and see if it does the trick, been 15k since last change anyway.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update-

The front right caliper is dragging, tons of brake dust on the wheel, and when I lift the front end and spin the wheels you can hear it.

Can the OEM Brembos be rebuilt or do I need to replace? I am seeing about a $500 differnece in rebuild kit vs. Replacement.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
I think a DIY rebuild is just replacing seals. This "may" not address what made the original one drag. If puck or housing is damaged you may not even notice it, much less be able to fix it. I'd go new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.