ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find the correct wiper size in the manual for my '02 WRX. Anybody know the proper sizes?

Can anyone recommend some good wipers? I bought some refills from the store about a month ago and they're already streaking.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
I'd like to know this, too. My OEM wipers are the suck. I guess if you wanted to, you could bring in a wiper with you and hold it up to all the other ones.

I want to get a really nice set of Silicon wiper blades, though. I heard they do wonders

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
driver's side: 22
passenger's side: 17

I just recently bought PIAAs. They fit perfectly and I love them. They are SILENT!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chanwahyaoh said:

I just recently bought PIAAs. They fit perfectly and I love them. They are SILENT!
Are you positive about the sizes?

Where did you get the PIAAs from and how much?

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
chanwahyaoh said:

those aren't the right sizes.

anco lists online 21 and 18. you can get away w/ a 20 on the drivers side, b/c depending on the brand, the 21s will nick the very top of the windshield.

dR

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they're 22" and 17".
After doing a LOT of reading about wipers, I settled on Trico Teflons last year, and I am VERY pleased. They are quiet, and don't streak at all. Much better than stock.
I've heard that the Bosch wipers are bad, but I have no direct experience. People seem to like the PIAA's, but I've never tried them, either.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
use a measuring tape to verify the stock size on the car.

PIAA's....they are good for a few months...then they start skipping and streaking.

Right now...I have Trico Teflon

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what's the decision on good wipers? The factory Subaru wipers lasted me over a year without any problems. What's the best replacement?

And do you guys buy refills? Or a the whole wiper?

·
Registered
345 Posts
refills

I recently installed wiper refill blades on my 02 wrx. I noticed the passenger’s side is 17 inches long at 7mm wide and the drivers side is 22 inches long at 8mm wide.

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
dark_rex said:
those aren't the right sizes.

anco lists online 21 and 18. you can get away w/ a 20 on the drivers side, b/c depending on the brand, the 21s will nick the very top of the windshield.

dR
they fit perfectly and do not nick the windshield... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
192 Posts
From the WRX manual (on CD):

Driver side 550mm (21.65 in)
Passenger side 425mm (19.69 in)

·
Registered
593 Posts
If I were you, I would bring the both blade to the store and watch the same lengh one!!

For my personal opinion, I would buy the cheapest one or only use the refills. Because every year's winter time, the snow definiately mess up my blade. That's mean I must change that once or twice every single year.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want only the refills. Decent refills are kinda hard to find. Everywhere around here sells the whole assembly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts