Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering what everyone prefers . I use Bosch blades with rain x bug cleaner. In the summer the winter Bosch heavy duty blades with rain x
de icing solvent. What does everyone else use?

·
Super Moderator
11,436 Posts
Bosch. Everything else I've tried is sub par.

·
Super Moderator
11,436 Posts
Bosch ICON

Even PIAA?
Yep, only ones I've ever had luck with are bosch. Could be the environment where I work, but wipers are endlessly being replaced and the longest lasting ones I can get are bosch

Reactions: a5m

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
186 Posts
Yep, only ones I've ever had luck with are bosch. Could be the environment where I work, but wipers are endlessly being replaced and the longest lasting ones I can get are bosch
Good to know. I bought a bum set of ICONs off Amazon that Bosch replaced that have been working great so far. Lasted forever on my last car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know. I bought a bum set of ICONs off Amazon that Bosch replaced that have been working great so far. Lasted forever on my last car.
one instance where th most expensive is the best. I don't mind paying for a quality item. Saw Trico blades online for 3 bucks. Bet they work well huh?

·
Registered
186 Posts
one instance where th most expensive is the best. I don't mind paying for a quality item. Saw Trico blades online for 3 bucks. Bet they work well huh?
My dad's philosophy is to buy the cheapest and replace as necessary. They'll work fine, but for how long? If performance drops to 50% after limited use what's the point. Then there's safety too so in this case I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My dad's philosophy is to buy the cheapest and replace as necessary. They'll work fine, but for how long? If performance drops to 50% after limited use what's the point. Then there's safety too so in this case I think it's worth it.
My dad always said you get the best item for your money and it will last as long as it's properly cared for

·
Registered
186 Posts
My dad always said you get the best item for your money and it will last as long as it's properly cared for
Mine says that too. But doesn't necessarily apply it to everything :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
11,436 Posts
There are some people who swear by the trico stuff. Especially the higher end. I've just not had luck. There is another thread here where several members sing the praises of them.

I work in a grimy crap hole that does a ton of metal work for the automotive industry and by default the oils and magnesium just get into the air. It is likely part of my issue, but I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are some people who swear by the trico stuff. Especially the higher end. I've just not had luck. There is another thread here where several members sing the praises of them.

I work in a grimy crap hole that does a ton of metal work for the automotive industry and by default the oils and magnesium just get into the air. It is likely part of my issue, but I can't say for sure.
I worked in a forge for 15 years and we lubed our dies with graphite and industrial ammonia so I'm feeling your pain bro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts