Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this might be a stupid question, but I've had my car 4 months from new and the wipers are shot to hell. Minnesota winters kill wipers within days. Are they covered under warranty at all?

Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wouldn't think so, it is a wear item. Go to Walmart, cheaper then a dealer! They are the insert style, you can just replace the rubber.

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing to do with being cheap. If 2 decent wiper blades are $15 or $20 each, I save around $40 by getting them under warranty if possible. I hate cheap wipers. I always got the BOSCH ones back in the UK, and they're pricey. Plus, my Subaru dealership is so close so it's easy to pop by and get new ones if I can.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Take a paper towel and dump some isopropyl alcohol on it and wipe the edge of the blade. Voila! Like new.

X

·
Registered
82 Posts
Unless they are Torn I would say Just clean them!.
Just like MisterX said! ;)

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Straight from the Subaru.com website

Wear Item Limited Warranty
Wear item coverage for all models except Right-Hand Drive Legacy is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Items covered include brake pad/shoe linings, clutch disk linings, and wiper blades.
* See your Subaru Dealer for complete details.

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet! I THOUGHT they were covered. Yippee!! I'm going to get some new wiper blades today! That should add a good 15HP over my existing ones! :p

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Check your warranty manual. It should say the same thing as the subaru website (print that too).

·
Registered
470 Posts
That should add a good 15HP over my existing ones!
No actually you have to replace your 2 wipers w/ one bigger wiper, then you get the 15 HP.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
WilliamG said:
Just got back from getting my new free blades from Scoobaru! :)
How was it? Any hassle, raised eyebrows, reluctance at all? Or was it just, "Here ya go, thanks for buying a Subaru!"

I'm very impressed, I would love to see what they do if you take them in at 2.8 years ;)

So I wonder if that includes rotors too. I noticed that my fronts are getting grooves in them, and I haven't even put 10k on them yet.

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
My Subaru is fantastic. They took a 30 second look at my existing blades while I was inside the service area, and then the guy came out and put new ones on for me. I had a laugh and a joke with the Subaru service guys, got a free carwash and then left. I really did buy my car from a good place. They're SO honest to me.

e.g. when I got my car, I drove home and in the sunlight I noticed a ding on the hood, like someone had pushed down on the hood above the Subaru logo on the front when the car was on the showroom floor. So I called Subaru up and then I came down and they fixed it beautifully. I was nervous there was going to be a 'you must have done it yourself' type response, but this place is SO nice! Then I had a squeaky clutch actuator a month later and they fixed it. When I asked the service guy whether it was worth the hassle of having to remove the intercooler etc etc, he said 'heck you got a new car. I would want it fixed!'

They really are nice. When I wanted to get my short shift installed, they mistakenly told me the part was in stock when it wasn't, so they got the part couriered that afternoon and gave me a courtesy car and $50 off.

As far as I'm concerned I bought my car from a rockin dealership. Even my sales guy wasn't pushy AT ALL. Infact, he NEVER mentioned me buying the car like 'how do you want to buy it - do you need it today? We can arrange it NOW' which I got BEFORE I even got into the Tiburron 2003 at the Hyundai dealership. My salesguy and I go out for lunch occasionally too! :D He bought me lunch a few times as well. Hehe! (Glad I didn't get the Tiburron. :p )

For your info, my Subaru is Morries Brooklyn Park Subaru in Minneapolis, MN.

So how do you rate that service huh? :)

Ironically, I applied for a job with them afterwards because I need something to do till June when I start my degree. They approached me afterwards and ACCEPTED, but sadly I couldn't accept because they wanted me long-term! I still see my salesguy and a few other sales-guy and the secretary (!) for lunch occasionally. :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
WilliamG said:
My salesguy and I go out for lunch occasionally too! :D He bought me lunch a few times as well.
I have beers with my salesguy occasionally, cuz it's a small town and we know a lot of the same people. He also comes into my office every week to play D&D with some of my coworkers, it's pretty funny. He's roommates with the son of the owner of the dealership, so it's definitely a good relationship :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
My sales guy just sent me one of those little model rally cars designed by prodrive... I think they're called auto art or something, they're neat looking anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts