ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
What size steel wheel should I be looking at for my winter wheel set? 16" or 17"? And what offset?
For winter? Why don't you roll the stock wheels for winter time with a better, more aggressive tire? Investing money in new wheels to destroy them all winter is a little wasteful. If you NEED to buy new wheels, I'd go small and skinny. You don't want to push snow, you want to cut through it, so use a skinnier wheel that won't float on the snow!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, I don't want to destroy a good set of wheels. That's why I asked about the steel wheels (or should I have said rims?) for winter. I like the stockers and I'm looking at powder coating them black or anthracite. So what size steel rim should I run?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Right, I don't want to destroy a good set of wheels. That's why I asked about the steel wheels (or should I have said rims?) for winter. I like the stockers and I'm looking at powder coating them black or anthracite. So what size steel rim should I run?
AH. It's clear now. Nevermind, my fault. Find a 15 or 16, those are pretty common. Anything with a higher offset should suffice. 50+ would be pristine, and like I said, just try to find something kinda skinny, otherwise that symmetrical AWD won't mean anything haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts