ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what's out there? I need some winter tires. I don't want to spend a whole lot.

I want something that will last for a while. I still want to be able to some fun on dry roads, but I have my azenis for the exceptionally fun days. Mainly, I want something that will get me around pretty well in the winter, I can use for a good while, and isn't terribly expensive. I'll likely put them on when we're expecting our first snow and not take them off until Aprl or so.

What are my options? Opinions?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Continental ContiExtreme Contacts - I've heard nothing but great things about them...and they're cheap about 110 a tire assuming you have 225/45 17s
click

I've used the Pirelli PzeroNero M+S and liked them a lot click but they are a little more expensive - 123/tire

·
Registered
223 Posts
Rancid said:
Conti Extremes. Thats what I'm going to run for the winter.
That's what I'm running on now. They're awesome! I'm going to buy some to put on my stock rims for the winter. I may even sipe them. Who knows.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I plan on getting the Blizzack LM-22. Pace and a slew of others recommends them so.... I might look into these continental extremes though.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Roger, your insight into the human psyche is, as usual, astounding.

See, I already have a 2nd set for summer, so I'd prefer real snow versus all season. Hmmm.... perhaps I will give these M3s a go. $105 for a stock rim. The LM22s are $125.

I don't know.... I suck at decisions....

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
For those of you running winter tires.... Are you sticking with the stock size, or going with a thinner, smaller diameter tire?

·
Registered
107 Posts
svc said:
It's just you. Well...they're all seasons, not just winters. But it says "excellent" for snow traction, and "superior" hyrdo resistance and wet traction.
Looks like that's what I'll be getting soon then, I don't really want dedicated snow tires. I like swapping tires when I go on long trips so I don't wear out my good ones. It was a good thing I did it back in May when I went to Montana and hit tons of snow.

·
Registered
242 Posts
crazycam31 said:
For those of you running winter tires.... Are you sticking with the stock size, or going with a thinner, smaller diameter tire?
I'm running stock size, but on different "cooler" rims. I kind of like the 16's in the snow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts