Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well .....it looks like a tire rack tire wheel combo this year. gonna do the blizzak ws90s.wanted to do the all season route but tire manufacturers are saying below 40º all seasons are no bueno...ugh
so Im at $1700.00 for a mounted set delivered to my home....... btw drove my sport maxx in -20º all winter,other than no traction the tires held up fine thru the bitter cold driving.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds about right. I paid 950 for my set of WS90’s and 400 for a set of 17” base rims that have seen better days. Add another 100 for sand paper, primer, and bronze spray paint and a few cans of clear coat, so now I have a set of bronze 17” rims!

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
442 Posts
I drove to Tire Rack in Indiana, because of the discount, and picked up a set of General Altimax Arctic 12’s for $617.28 last November. Blizzaks are overrated and overpriced.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hate that I cant use an all season tire and have to swap out twice a year. Idk maybe I'm reading into the don't use below 40º too much.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
442 Posts
I hate that I cant use an all season tire and have to swap out twice a year. Idk maybe I'm reading into the don't use below 40º too much.
All-Seasons will work fine. Dedicated Winters will work better. The Wife drives an Impreza on AS’s and she’s never had an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts