Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Roanoke VA,
After a bunch of research and deliberating, and more research, I pulled the trigger on a set of 225/45/r17 Cooper Winterforce ST2 tires and a set of 17x7" MB Racing MB14s for my 2016 WRX Premium. Pull off the 18s, put them up in the shed and throw these on until April. Looking forward to their arrival. I used Discount Tire Direct and had it all shipped for $845 which I'm pretty damn happy with.

Tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive tire Auto part Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Wheel Auto part

Will post back with fitment feedback, and of course performance impressions.

Now on with the snow.:thumbup:

-bcruzin

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
201 Posts
I was looking at those tires to replace my General Arctics, still using them from my LGT and haven't failed me yet!

I had The Cooper RS3 during the summer time and was overall happy with the handling and stickiness, tread wear blew though but hey sacrifice wear for performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at those tires to replace my General Arctics, still using them from my LGT and haven't failed me yet!

I had The Cooper RS3 during the summer time and was overall happy with the handling and stickiness, tread wear blew though but hey sacrifice wear for performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the same way about the Dunlops that came with the WRX. Sticky, yes. Less than 10,000 miles before I need to replace them, most likely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arrived quickly from DTD, which was outstanding. They were ready to bolt on and rode well. Loud, but smooth enough and now they're back off the car, awaiting frozen precipitation. 17s did offer a nice ride quality I will say that, makes the WRX slightly less of a rattler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just mounted a set of General Altimax Arctic 17's on Monte Titano Ovella 8 Hyper Silver wheels. Around $1100. But beautiful and good traction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts