Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2010 subaru impreza STi SE. Full cobb exhaust
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my plan is since my current OEM wheels are pretty trashed, go throw some winter tires on them and get some new wheels with summer tires. Now the question is can I swap sets and be good or is there some programming needed for the tpms?

· Registered
2021 WRX Limited
23 Posts
Subaru is a pain regarding seasonal tire switches because it doesn't remember enough tires. My wife's Ford is seamless in this regard. The Tire Rack put Schrader sensors in my new snows and a shop wanted to charge me $44 to program. I figured I'd have this car for two more years after this winter so $44 x 5=$220 at that shop's rate. So I bought an Autel TS501 and figured I'd be few bucks ahead. I might even have another use for the instrument. However, if I did it again I'd skip the TPMS sensors on the snows, save $160 and put a bit of electrical tape on the dash light

· Registered
2021 WRX Limited
23 Posts
I can only speak for my 2021 which definitely does not remember a second set so I don't regret paying for the tool. I'd be interested in whether 22,23 models have fixed this. Also my dealer told me they would be glad to do the reset for free but I had to go over to the "Quick Lane". That I did and they said it would be an hour and a half wait. I went home.

· Registered
2022 Subaru WRX White
15 Posts
I am waiting for new 2022 TMSP Sensors for my winter Wheel tires. My pre 2022 Discount Tire Sensors do not work with the 2022 WRX Sensor CPU. I was told a few weeks ago by my local Subaru dealer parts department, there are only 20 new TMSP Sensors the USA. The sensors have been ordered. They indicated both the summer and winter sets will work. We will see.

· Registered
19 Posts
I thought the latest gen would sync to the tpms after some miles, if it's the correct tpms on all tires? But maybe I just dreamed that.
From the Subaru manual of a 2022, it read like they should automatically set themselves up.

TPMS valve self-registration
When the wheels are replaced (such as when installing snow tires) or when a new TPMS valve is mounted on a new installed wheel,
you will need to perform TPMS valve self-registration. Refer to the following procedure to perform TPMS valve self- registration.
1. Install the wheels with TPMS valves on the vehicle.
2. Adjust the tire pressure to the specified value. For information about the specified value of the tire pressure, refer to “Tires” �P468.
3. Drive at speeds above 25 mph (40 km/h) for at least 4 miles (6 km) or until the low tire pressure warning light turns off.

· Registered
2022 Subaru WRX White
15 Posts
From the Subaru manual of a 2022, it read like they should automatically set themselves up.

TPMS valve self-registration
When the wheels are replaced (such as when installing snow tires) or when a new TPMS valve is mounted on a new installed wheel,
you will need to perform TPMS valve self-registration. Refer to the following procedure to perform TPMS valve self- registration.
1. Install the wheels with TPMS valves on the vehicle.
2. Adjust the tire pressure to the specified value. For information about the specified value of the tire pressure, refer to “Tires” �P468.
3. Drive at speeds above 25 mph (40 km/h) for at least 4 miles (6 km) or until the low tire pressure warning light turns off.
I appreciate the information. Thank you.

· Registered
2022 Subaru WRX White
15 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts