ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so basically i wana know if there is a common diagonsis? i know everyone seams atleast to get the rattle when u close the door w/ the window down. well anyways i did that like normal. than i put the window up and down several times. the next morning when i woke up the window would not go down? it used to rock as it went down a little bit so i wonder if it fell off the track? i have a date set up to go in for service but if could do it my self that would be easier? also how hard is it to rip the plastic on the door off?

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
This is a weird "common" problem it seems...something about the bolts holding the window motor are loose from the factory and they'll sometimes fall out, unhooking the motor's power cable. You'll have to take your door panel off and simply plug the power back into the motor, and bolt it back in more securely. It's happened to me a couple times.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry i 4got to mention this but its only the driver side window. all the other windows work? plus is it a pain to pull the door panel off

·
13,353 Posts
1fastrex said:
sorry i 4got to mention this but its only the driver side window. all the other windows work? plus is it a pain to pull the door panel off
Yep just the driver's side window...and nope, it's pretty easy. Might wanna find someone to give you a hand if you're feeling unsure about things though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i mean ive ripped door pannels off b4 but only on chevys not any subys. ill give it a try tommorow though. thanks a lot

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good stuff i woke up this morning and went outside to try to fix this thing. took me about 5 min to figure out how to get the door off *damn hidden bolts* but than about 10 more to figure out which one is the power wire and plug it back in. the window works. thanks a lot Verdugo

·
13,353 Posts
No problem man, I'm glad it worked out for you! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts