Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subispeed has OLM Rain Deflectors on sale for just under $100. Also as you know, Weathertech and OEM options versions are available. I saw one post that said that he thought Weathertech's were better looking the OEM.

What are your thoughts/comparisons/pros & cons? What do you have please? Pics?

Here are the OLM ones:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Police car Subcompact car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Family car

Thank you.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have the OEM ones and I hate them. Look incredibly cheap. There's tons of pics on the web. It's late, and dark, if you really want them, I can post them tomorrow after work.

I will say that the OEMs do reduce wind buffeting around the window, some.

My wife has the Weather Techs on her Legacy and they look very nice. I would've gotten them for the WRX, but they only have the front doors available, as of right now.

I'd wait until Weather Tech has the rears available and go with them. The in-channel ones look so much sleeker, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ChristopherWRX. Great analysis. I would appreciate if you could also post pics of your wife's Weathertechs on her Legacy. I went onto WT's site to find some pics on a WRX/Sti but could not; you would think a company as big as they are would have pictures on their site showing them mounted on every car they sell them for.

Sleeker is what I am looking for.

Since you have seen the WT's and have the OEM's (admittedly on two different cars), and as per above have seen the two pics of the OLM's, can you make any visual comments/comparisons of the OLM's?

Thank you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm thinking of getting these too after buying them for a couple of our other cars recently. I prefer the more continuous look of the OEM and also that they clip in addition to the 3M tape. This is the best deal I have seen on them so far: 2012-16 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2015-18 WRX STI Side Window Deflectors E3610FJ860 | eBay

There is another brand on Amazon that looks pretty good and a great price:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017V7ENTS/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2BHQ2W2WHHQOR&colid=1GJXO18YVW5MJ

Has anybody tried those Wellvisors? I saw some complaints about the rivet holes that hold the clips on those in the product reviews.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks 90Duck. I like the price of $84 for OEM's that you linked. However, to me, the OEM's appear, again in my opinion to be too big and too rounded for the sharp WRX lines.

Wellvisors Info/DIY Video/Pic:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Automotive design

On a 2018 Impreza Sport With a Roofrack (FWIW)

The video shows their clip and tape install system.
https://youtu.be/_dxlb6bB08o

I am thinking that the Wellvisors are lighter in "color" than some others, but with a tinted window would look fine. They appears to be just a tiny bit "less in size" (vertical dimension) than the OEM's -- but could be totally wrong, maybe just my wishful thinking. They claim they are sleek but until in place or closely examined in person, who's to know whether that is true or not.

And at $63.99 (free shipping), worth a look?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Better, in fact exact, WellVisor DIY for our 2015+ WRX/STi's, and better installed picture too.

https://youtu.be/8H-AjFgkkL8

However, as per the below picture, I think that their shape is damn close, if not identical to the OEM's.

View attachment 292897

Also, IMO they are too light in color, and their mounting clips would first have to be painted black otherwise they will stick out as two shiny places on each door visor.

WellVisors, you are now removed from my consideration, especially as 90Duck found such a terrific price of the OEM's as per his link above.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, after watching that install video on the WRX the Wellvisor doesn't look any sleeker than the OEM. I think the clip would be easy enough to hit with some black plastidip before installing, but then you still have that rivet head. I don't know, is it worth $25 savings for something highly visible on a $30k car? probably not.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So, ebay sent me a $20 off $100 in automotive purchases, so I pulled the trigger on the OEMs I'd linked to earlier. I added a $16 oil catch can I had on my watch list to get to $100. Funny how those coupons get you to spend more to "save", but I'd been wanting to try a low investment catch can anyway to see what shows up in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts