Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for your information. If anyone in the Portland area is looking into tinting I would recommend Tommy's Window Tinting. Tommy did a great job on my rex. It was $185 for 5 windows and has been really great.

Check them out here:

http://www.tommyswindowtinting.com

·
Registered
245 Posts
Some of you Oregon people already know, Saggio will come down and do a "Tint fest" and going through him is supporting a fellow ClubWRX member not just some random shop ;) If anyone would like to know about the quality, ask any person in the Seattle/Tacoma area that has tint on their WRX and it is more than likely Dave's work...

Dave any idea on how many WRXs you have done in our group? I would guess over 100 by now ?? :eek3:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Jeff......^^^

Yes, I think the number is floating around 100 local Subaru owners. It keeps going up weekly.

Dave:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't trying to step on anyones toes. Just thought I would share my positive experience with a local shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sporadic said:
So when is the next Portland Tint-fest? I'm also waiting for The Tint Master to make his way down here :)

Jimmy
good question...and what's the average charge? i'll take everyone's word on your work but i'm a broke mofo ya know...i gotta save up for these things :rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Update:

A Portland Tint Install day might be awhile... :(

I'm gainfully employed by my previous employer! :D

It will take some planning to break away from normal life to come down there.
If I do come down it will only be for one day. That would be 3 cars in one day.

I'll keep this updated...

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like I'm way to busy up here to do a Portland Tint day. Sorry man. Make a road trip out of it and come up here. :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looking for the best in Portland

Visit my ol buddy Bob Rossignol. He did my WRX wagon for $175. He warranties all his work and gives you a recipt to show the PO PO's if you get questioned about it. He lives in Gresham and you can set up an appointment with him at:

WindowTintKing.com

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think I'm going to get my tinting done sometime this week or next. You got any pics of that guys work? I want to get it done but Im skepitical on who to go to, because a couple of the local shops aren't very good.

·
Registered
0 Posts
SaggioWRX said:
Looks like I'm way to busy up here to do a Portland Tint day. Sorry man. Make a road trip out of it and come up here. :D

ok...so whs the deal for a three hour road trip?

entertainment hile i wait??? HINt? loo

ACD formerly DML

·
Registered
64 Posts
barosborough said:
Just for your information. If anyone in the Portland area is looking into tinting I would recommend Tommy's Window Tinting. Tommy did a great job on my rex. It was $185 for 5 windows and has been really great.

Check them out here:

http://www.tommyswindowtinting.com
Thanks for the advice

I went to Tommys today, they did a GREAT job (got 35% all around) They had it done withing a couple hours and I got a discount because I told them that I had been referred to them from this site :)

I will get some pix up as soon as it isnt so gloomy around here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ed1371 said:
Thanks for the advice

I went to Tommys today, they did a GREAT job (got 35% all around) They had it done withing a couple hours and I got a discount because I told them that I had been referred to them from this site :)

I will get some pix up as soon as it isnt so gloomy around here.
How much did they get it done for ?
I got an 04 STI that needs da tinting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tint

Why dose tinting cost So much here 175.00 to 195.00 :barf: I thougth it would be cheeper in the northwest.Tinting cost 80.00 in caly on good film.What am I getting for the extra 115.00?

·
Registered
109 Posts
great work

I had 3 cars done at tommys. He will do any tint that you want. I had 20 all around. He does warn you that sometimes cops wait near by and will give you a heafty ticket. 300 plus I think. Other then that I would say 2 thumbs up.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts