ClubWRX Forum banner

281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Vermont, more info.

No tint on front windshield, front driver and passenger side windows. As well as head lights and tail lights.

0-95% tint allowed on rear window, rear driver and passenger windows. (Can be painted a solid color.)

·
Registered
114 Posts
35% windshield, 35% front sides and 35% rear (aftermarket for non-SUV/truck/minivan) WITH medical exemption in New Hampshire that needs to be renewed every two years.

Otherwise aftermarket tint is limited to 35% rear for most cars that are not SUV/truck/minivan although most cops don't give a crap until you put anything in the front. Windshield strip is above AS-1 or 6" from the top.

I don't recommend 35% tint on the windshield for night time driving in rain. Even with HID's it's dangerous as 65% of the light is blocked. Sometimes more depending on the tint spec.

Here's the other thing; if you want to stay legal but want the rear darker, throw 35% then add windscreen in the back and the sides. There's absolutely no law that say you can't do that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maryland

According to D&L, for my WRX, the legal limit all around is 35%. I went with 50% due to the fact that the the car does have a factory tint. Also, they did mention you can have a 35% or lighter visor no bigger than 5 inches from the top of the windshield.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
New for New York.. inspection stations are now required to check your tint. Anything darker than 7o% means no sticker for you!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Colorado allows 4 inches of tint on your front windshield and no lower than 27% all around. If your back windows are tinted less than 27% you are not allowed any tint on your front windows. I am at 19% all around and maybe 8 inches on my front windshield. Haven't gotten pulled over for it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone have an update for 2018 on California law? My car is registered in Oregon which has 35% all around, but I assume I need to go by Cali law if I will be here most of the time? Is it 70% front and no limit rear for California? Or no front tint and no limit rear?

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
Anyone have an update for 2018 on California law? My car is registered in Oregon which has 35% all around, but I assume I need to go by Cali law if I will be here most of the time? Is it 70% front and no limit rear for California? Or no front tint and no limit rear?
This site stays up to date usually.

https://www.tinting-laws.com/california/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, the laws apply to where your car is registered, not where you are driving it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, the laws apply to where your car is registered, not where you are driving it.
Incorrect. Its where you're driving the vehicle. The other states do not care what town you are from or what laws are allowed there. It is a toss up if a officer wants to give you a ticket but don't think for a minute they won't.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Incorrect. Its where you're driving the vehicle. The other states do not care what town you are from or what laws are allowed there. It is a toss up if a officer wants to give you a ticket but don't think for a minute they won't.
Just looked it up and varies by state. My statement would be correct about Tennessee and a few others but since they are the minority, its better to use the same mentality you have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
North Carolina

All windows must allow more than 35% of light in. For the windshield, non-reflective tint is allowed above the manufacturers AS-1 line. All other windows must not be more than 20% reflective.

281 - 293 of 293 Posts
About this Discussion
292 Replies
214 Participants
Morann12
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing