Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with the windows leaking air? The drivers side window leaks air (even at low speeds) till I open the window and close it again. Is this something Subaru should take a look at, or is it just inheriant with frameless windows?

·
Registered
416 Posts
kjw1949 said:
Has anyone else had problems with the windows leaking air? The drivers side window leaks air (even at low speeds) till I open the window and close it again. Is this something Subaru should take a look at, or is it just inheriant with frameless windows?
I have the same problem and the same solution. You have to figure that it is easier to create a good seal by rolling the window up then closing the rolled up window.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As much as I hate to compare the two.... My girl's neon (frameless windows) does the same thing. I haven't had any problems in my WRX and hope not to, but she has this problem.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
i've got this problem too and use the same solution....

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have seen on more expensive cars where the windows roll down ~1/2" when they are open and seal when they close. So i would say that it is common to all frameless windows.

·
980 Posts
i have the problem, but i figure it has more to do w/ the way my rack is mounted than anything else.

chris

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Trypsin said:
I have seen on more expensive cars where the windows roll down ~1/2" when they are open and seal when they close. So i would say that it is common to all frameless windows.
hmmm interesting....i have never seen that

i suppose we just have the manual version ;) :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
I had this problem too. I took it to the dealership and they adjusted it. It still makes a little noise if you turn the radio down and concentrate. But it's MUCH better than it was. So...take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Having previously owned a Neon with manual windows before and the WRX with automatic windows now, I can confidently say the best solution is the roll down roll up method. Unfortunately...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have this same problem as well. The window seems to be leaking near the side view mirror. I use the same solution to alleviate the noise problem. What did the dealer do to fix the problem? Is it something we could do ourselves to save the hours I'm sure it would take to have the dealer perform the fix?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Jeffsw_02WRX said:
I have this same problem as well. The window seems to be leaking near the side view mirror. I use the same solution to alleviate the noise problem. What did the dealer do to fix the problem? Is it something we could do ourselves to save the hours I'm sure it would take to have the dealer perform the fix?
It's probably a "simple" matter of realigning the door catch point (i.e. the latch) in order to straighten the door out, or tilt the top into the car a little. I'd probably let the dealer do it, just in case.

WRC_Obsessed, the auto roll down thingy ;) is quite common on BMW vehicles. Just go to a dealer and open the door, while watching the window, and you'll see it lower a little. It'll raise itself upon closing the door. I think the 3 series do it, but it's been a long time since I saw one do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I currently have a neon and have the same problem. On neons.org there is a fix. It deals with a guide inside the door panel..if that helps anyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts