ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight I actually had off and went driving around shopping for stuff for my apartment and got into three races. Since I drive a 2.5RS, naturally, I lost all three races. The first one was with a CR-V, I kid you not, he actually had a bumper on me through 65 mph, which is when I turned off into Linens N Things horribly depressed and mortified. The second was with a modded 2nd generation Integra, it definently had exhaust, maybe catless based on the smell of his exhaust and putrid black smoke that would come out everytime he punched it. We went from a stoplight around a turn I had him but after that, it was over with him pulling about 1 car on me by 95mph. We went again from a stoplight, I pulled about a car until 2nd was over then he pulled about a car on me again. That's when we met up with a current model Mustang GT, it was definently auto because when he punched it off the line, it barely chirped the tires, and the fact that he put into park at the red light to talk afterwards. He raced the Integra first and put about 1-2 cars maybe, just an estimate because I was trying to keep up. Then I lined up at the next light and through first it was the GT in front by 1/2 car, 2 cars, then when i stopped at about 90mph, he was about 4-5 cars in front. I was kinda surprised by that outcome because I thought GTs trapped a little higher than WRXs stock. I know he was on it because his exhaust was screaming, and they were the stock pipes. Then again maybe not, but both were cool and stopped at the next light to chat and give the thumbs up. :wiggles:

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Do you have a 5-speed?

I thought 2.5RS ran something like 15.3 1/4 mile stock. I'm sure some bolt-ons would enable you to whomp on a lot of ricers and that freakin' CR-V. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
ILikeMy2.5RS said:
The first one was with a CR-V, I kid you not, he actually had a bumper on me through 65 mph, which is when I turned off into Linens N Things horribly depressed and mortified.
Linens N Things, what better place to think over a loss...

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Re: Re: Wimpy stories from a wimpy car

cb259 said:
Linens N Things, what better place to think over a loss...
:rotfl:

Yeah, just being there whilst having a dong is 0wn3d enough. Adding in a loss to mom's SUV - just horrible. Our condolences. :(

·
Registered
677 Posts
Why does it not surprise me that the Honda was blowing black smoke?????

Anyways as long as you had fun thats all that matters!!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
GTScoob said:
Why does it not surprise me that the Honda was blowing black smoke?????

Anyways as long as you had fun thats all that matters!!
haha, very true. Props to you for posting these stories, bro. They were pretty entertaining.

Don't feel bad about the CR-V. I raced my buddy's auto saturn from a stop, and he had me by a car length until 50 (then we were even). he also had two more passengers in his car than I did. Not only that, but one of his passengers tips the scales at 340 :(

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
VitaminWRX said:

Don't feel bad about the CR-V. I raced my buddy's auto saturn from a stop, and he had me by a car length until 50 (then we were even). he also had two more passengers in his car than I did. Not only that, but one of his passengers tips the scales at 340 :(
Please tell me your E-brake was on, the A/C was blowing full tilt, and you were towing 2 jetskis behind you. :eek:

:D

It's all good...and all about having fun. I went years in cars that could barely touch minivans, let alone CR-Vs. Think of it this way, having a slower car means less risk of killing yourself racing or getting horrid tickets. (not only that, but a 2.5RS is a damn nice car, IMO)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish it was a dream but, I can honestly say I bent over and took it, then I went to Linens N Things because I'm such a big man and all, but I have a 4eat but it was still embarassing.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The sad thing is that the kid in the CRV is telling all his buddies that his mom's car can beat a WRX. You should've tracked him down and explained to him that your car is a 2.5RS. Now you've made all us WRX owners looks bad. :mad:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Maybe she wasn't even racing then :eek3: :redface:

I kind of know how you feel. I drive my sister Automatic RSX sometimes, and I always use the Sequential Sportshifter, and I'll redline it when I want to accelerate as fast as possible. When i'm redlining off of stoplights, I barely pull ahead of SUV's that aren't even racing :(
Sometimes I even think my AWD Expedition is faster than it from 0-40:screwy:

But the auto RSX is decent at higher speeds. In the 70-120 range it's not too bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts