ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy wrecked his 95 del sol about 2 years ago, and just found out today he still had his Greddy fmic from it. pretty good shape really for going through a wreck. No fins are broke, anyway taking it in to have the fins straightened and pressure tested. to the end caps it is 29" x 11" x 2.75" .. Will it fit? Is it too big? Would this not work with stock for now and stage 2 in the future?

Don't want to hurt the boost lag anymore than it already is, but hey it was free.

What piping would you recommend for it? Is there a DECENT piping kit? or are they all cheap ebay kits? Or would it be better to make my own?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
prob. won't fit.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to big? too wide? the actual base of the unit itself is 27"..... 29" is to the outside of the inlet and outlet.

what sizes are common in wrx fmics?

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
it would fit, and work.. Just have to be creative..

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about piping? any decent kits other than ebay kits? For free, you can't beat a Greddy intercooler. And yes it has Greddy stamped into the top and bottom of it. I helped him install it on his Del Sol about 4 years ago.

What size piping? I just don't want to butcher my bumper for it :(

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
well, good luck with the no-butcher...
mine is roughly the same dimensions, but I have 3" piping, and had to cut the crap out of areas of the bumper, and such, to fit.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3" would be overkill for a stock turbo right? I was thinking more like 2.25. I guess I could live with butchering it. but just curious about the rest of the set up.

Will I have more boost lag?

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
2.25 would be ok.
lag = yes. you're adding a mile of piping and volume.

is it worth all the effort? If it's your only mod, or you've got minimal modding, I don't think it's worth it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will have AP and turbo back in about 2 weeks..... and hopefully my uncle will come through and get me a freebie VF34 :) he works for IHI, but he couldn't even promise me 1 so..... if that happens it would have injectors and a VF34 as well...

How much are V7 STI Top mounts going for?
Maybe I'll just sell this one and get a top mount

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ya sell it e-bay or something let some ricer honda put it on so people think its turbo'd and he can look all gangster and you can have one that actually fits and works properly

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Grab a TMIC of ebay for $150, they are pretty good and will match a vf34 alot better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts