Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into getting a Varis wide body kit for my 18 wrx and I was doing some research
and was seeing that some people were saying the wide body kit only fits the sti only. Im not too sure of the differences between the body of the two cars. So I was wondering if anybody knew if this one would fit the wrx or if I would have to do extra work on it in order to make everything fit. If anyone could help me figure that out that’d be awesome thank you I attached a few pictures for reference. The kit name is VARIS WIDEBODY AERO KIT FOR 2015-19 SUBARU WRX STI [VAB] VASU-213F / VASU-213C
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Not a mod
13,182 Posts
How about instead of lighting 10k dollars on fire for some some fender flares you actually spend that to make the car perform better.

Or give it to charity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about instead of lighting 10k dollars on fire for some some fender flares you actually spend that to make the car perform better.

Or give it to charity.
I’ve already done performance modifications I believe the question I asked was if it would fit not for financial advice thanks for your opinion though

·
Not a mod
13,182 Posts
I’ve already done performance modifications I believe the question I asked was if it would fit not for financial advice thanks for your opinion though
You are free to wait for a response. This community likely wont have anything solid for an answer as, in general, this forum has a focus on functional performance and reliability. Its more important to have an engaging drive than be an attention whore in our eyes. You may find a quicker response on reddit or facebook as the do it for the gram crowd is a little stronger there and you'll find more people with interest in fender flares. Do remember, every single piece in that kit makes your car slower and no amount of carbon fiber will fix that. Weigh the actual benefit vs cost.

Just some food for thought as well, your steering will be jacked because these are not actual wide body kits. Your suspension will be awkward and spongy because of the leverage from the wheel offsets. Braking is going to cause the vehicle to wander around because of the same. A widebody is not a fender kit. A wide body vehicle would be splitting the car down the center and widening the entire platform. That can increase road performance to an extent. These kits just stick wheels WAY out past the suspension design. I suggest you drive one that has this done before you spend that kind of cash, you may be mighty disappointed.

·
In Æternum
17,162 Posts
lol

Call the manufacturer and find out. Don't know why people don't do that first....

Boy, that does look like a 9 year old's wet dream doesn't it?

·
Not a mod
13,182 Posts
It's an oddity, that's for sure. With a 8k+ price tag tied to it. For that money you could invest in a serious suspension setup with top of the line wheels and tires, Better brake pads, stainless steel lines, rear lsd, and probably a short throw shifter and bushings.

The desire to have these fender flair kits is lost on me. Even more at 10k.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i'm with the others on this one. 10k for a body kit to look edgy isn't the best financial decision. Use the money for other parts or invest in something else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are free to wait for a response. This community likely wont have anything solid for an answer as, in general, this forum has a focus on functional performance and reliability. Its more important to have an engaging drive than be an attention whore in our eyes. You may find a quicker response on reddit or facebook as the do it for the gram crowd is a little stronger there and you'll find more people with interest in fender flares. Do remember, every single piece in that kit makes your car slower and no amount of carbon fiber will fix that. Weigh the actual benefit vs cost.

Just some food for thought as well, your steering will be jacked because these are not actual wide body kits. Your suspension will be awkward and spongy because of the leverage from the wheel offsets. Braking is going to cause the vehicle to wander around because of the same. A widebody is not a fender kit. A wide body vehicle would be splitting the car down the center and widening the entire platform. That can increase road performance to an extent. These kits just stick wheels WAY out past the suspension design. I suggest you drive one that has this done before you spend that kind of cash, you may be mighty disappointed.

I get that and I actually agree with you on this it was something I was considering but ultimately I agree would be better to continue building up my engine or focusing on other stuff thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts