Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 17' wrx and I am trying to figure out which one of these is better / will work. I already have a nameless muffler delete

ETS Mid Pipe for *Catback Conversion - 2015+ WRX / 2015+ STI - Exhaust - 2015+ WRX --so would the Y pipe in this fit to the deletes I already have and then I would just buy an uppipe (Killer B Motorsports J-Pipe - 2015+ WRX - J-Pipes - Exhaust - 2015+ WRX)

Or is this better? Killer B Motorsports 1 Piece J & Intermediate Pipe (Catted or Uncatted) - 2015+ WRX MT and CVT - J-Pipes - Exhaust - 2015+ WRX --I cant seem to find anyone who only sells a Y pipe though..

..........Or... am I a retard and I need both the 1-piece and mid pipe to make a complete tbe?

· Registered
724 Posts
The ETS Catback conversion seems to simply extend their axleback (mufflers) to a catback meaning it's just a midpipe pretty much where as the Killer B J-pipes are turbo backs mounting right after the turbo. You'll see horsepower gains with a tune with the killer b's while the ETS will only modify the sound.

A turboback is considered to be the J pipe off the turbo paired with a catback (the rest of the piping post j-pipe). Hope that cleared some things up! :)

· Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium SPT package
263 Posts
Mustwarnorcas is spot on, on top of that. The killer b requires a tune and the secondary pill restrictor removal. A Catback however would not require any tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ETS Catback conversion seems to simply extend their axleback (mufflers) to a catback meaning it's just a midpipe pretty much where as the Killer B J-pipes are turbo backs mounting right after the turbo. You'll see horsepower gains with a tune with the killer b's while the ETS will only modify the sound.

A turboback is considered to be the J pipe off the turbo paired with a catback (the rest of the piping post j-pipe). Hope that cleared some things up! :)
So I am correct in that Im not a retard and that the 1-piece I linked goes all the way from the J pipe to the Y pipe? I know Ill need a tune either way, its just what J pipe I am buying Im trying to figure out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.