ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thank you in advance.

I recently purchased a 19 sti. With the cold season approaching I want to get a winter set up.
I found these online at a good price and I was curious if they would fit.

American Racing model AR91388512740.

18x8.5 40mm. Picture linked is the rest if the specs.

Thank you again!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,333 Posts
The bolt pattern is incomprehensible. I'd buy wheels from someone who states the specifications using SI units with the exception of the ⌀, though for the record I would welcome a full conversion to mm there too (I remember Peugeot and Renault used to do this but that was a long time ago and nowadays we are stuck describing wheels and to a lesser extent woofers with nonsense units still).

I don't think you are the target audience there. For whom are the wheels actually intended? Some sort of US econobox rather than an import? IDK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After looking more I am just gonna order a brand new set from tire rack.
Not worth saving a few bucks. Rather have a peace of mind they work.

·
Super Modulator
19,446 Posts
Spiro -- you know I prefer the Metric system to Imperial units as much as the next person, but 5x114.3 was originally specified as 5 x 4.5" so I understand this even if it is not to modern interpretation.I suppose it was chosen as such to appeal to the "American Racing" brand name. A bit silly since offset is still in Metric.

OP, yes they will FIT, though the offset seems too low.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was just wondering what size and offset you were going to get ? I also just picked up a 19 STI and want another set for winter (Chicago winter fun) thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up finding a set of 2014 rims with brand new winter tires for $750 with tpms sensors. So yeah def going that route

·
Registered
8 Posts
Forsure I’m looking at a pair of stock 16-17 rim but wasn’t sure if they would clear the caliper with the rims being a 18

1 - 8 of 8 Posts