ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanteded to get the meagan midpipe and the nameless axleback set up with mufflers and was wondering if they would work together, the midpipe should work with the stock mufflers and the nameless axleback says it works with the stock mide piping so I am assuming yes. Does anyone have this set up, I want a little better flowing exhaust, but do not want alot of extra noise. I like the tip location options on the nameless exhaust.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
just buy the nameless stuff, american made and megan racing is considered cheap ****.. I have a megan racing cat back off my 08 I cant give away, regardless how decent it looks.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
I used to distribute for megan racing and even i say its crap lol. However, making money is making money.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I used to distribute for megan racing and even i say its crap lol. However, making money is making money.
never admit that.. you contributed to most crappy done cars in this country. forget that portion of your life.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
never admit that.. you contributed to most crappy done cars in this country. forget that portion of your life.
I was never proud of the dark ages, but ive washed away my sins. Ive rarely pushed exhaust parts though just mostly suspension. Still no excuse though. Bleh

To save this thread from further derailment, OP have you considered the spt exhaust?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does nameless have a 2.5 midpipe, don't want to lose any low end, and I don't plan on racing the car. I would leave the factory exhaust but hate the tip location and the y-pipe where the exhaust seperates looks really small on the factory. I had a megan racing exhaust on my Camry, there were only two options for that car and it was good quality, welds, piping etc. Exhaust is exhaust as long as the welds are good, and the piping is good quality. I guess I will just look at the nameless options. Some one local is selling an invidia, but I heard it was on the louder side.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on the SPT exhaust I was wondering where the tips exit the rear, is it similar to stock?, Anyone have a pic.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
No the tips are more flush with the valance and replacing the cat back with 3" is going to loose zero power in any portion of your powerband. 3" with downpipe and tune will only improve your bottom end. You have less spool time

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
So does anyone have a Megan mid-pipe with the nameless axleback.
Typically you wont find people with subarus using megan stuff. Megan racing is cheapest bottom of the barrel garbage. I personally didnt even bolt that junk on my Honda. Good luck with your find tho..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The stock y pipes look very restrictive on the sedans, I want some power but not overwhelming noise. I want to get a Cold air for it, it's apparently the best bang for buck with performance, I heard the combo if an exhaust and CAI actually makes less power than just the CAI.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts