ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i found a Saab 92x axleback for only a $100 from a guy...its from the 05 Saab 92X ...

I want the single tip instead of the dual tip...and I dont got the money for a aftermarket exhaust...

will this also fit a 04 Sedan...?

One more thing ...is this muffler any louder than the stock?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
bluej20 said:
Well i found a Saab 92x axleback for only a $100 from a guy...its from the 05 Saab 92X ...

I want the single tip instead of the dual tip...and I dont got the money for a aftermarket exhaust...

if you really want a "cheap" exhaust, just custom make a straight pipe. Or buy it from somebody used. My friend got one for $80 (used).

·
Registered
66 Posts
bluej20 said:

Is the muffler pipe diameter any larger than the stock WRX? Can you ask your friend to measure it? (Not the inlet but pipe after it tapers down to the pipe diameter leading into the can)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

well it looks like it will work...hes in Ma.

so i dont want him shipping something that wont fit.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is the stocker

i think im gonna get it and see.

wonder how the 05's sound compared to our dual tips?

ill keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Since it is from a Saab, my guess is that it will be as restrictive, or possibly more restrictive than the base WRX muffler. It may look good, but I wouldn't expect any performance benefit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Rich10 said:
Since it is from a Saab, my guess is that it will be as restrictive, or possibly more restrictive than the base WRX muffler. It may look good, but I wouldn't expect any performance benefit.
Sounds like it's time to peel it's top and do some gutting. :D Heck cut the top half of it off.

Isn't that the one that was on ebay yesterday or Sunday, at the time one bidder, $5?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
if u want to hear the sound, I really won't recommend that you buy it. You'll just waste $100, won't like it because it's too quiet, and then want to buy another exhaust. I say save up your money and buy an aftermarket exhaust or get a straight pipe for cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts