ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of a call for someone who has better researching skills than myself.
I just purchased my WRX and I live in New England. As such I'd like to get a set of winter tires and wheels, but would also not like to spend 500+ on a wheel and tire package, + tpms. A gentlemen on ebay is selling 215/55/16's. I've calculated that this tire size would match up perfectly with my stock spedo. I've got 17X7 Nissan Sentra Spec V wheels from my previous car. If I could mount the rubber on them and recycle them as winter wheels for my Subaru I'd be a very happy panda...

I've tried my best but I haven't been able to find the offset and or lug patter... Can any one please assist? I will even accept snarky remarks and nudges in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Even if the bolt pattern is correct also confirm that the offset and other measurements are correct.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I believe Nissans are 5x114 and have a different hub bore so I would say no, try tirerack.com, it'll tell you.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got off the phone with the dealer. Off set is 53 according to them. Will call Nissan...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Bought a set of 06/07 wrx wheels with ipikes in New Hampshire for 500. I would looks for deals like that. There is a NE specific subaru forum with a large for sale section. PM me for details.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, I'm assuming 16's will clear our brakes then?

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, thanks for all the responses guys. I know it was a really nub question; but having a community to bounce it off of really helped. I found a set of 02 wrx wheels on craigs with all seasons that are 205/55 -16. A 1.8% change in rotation radius.. I can actually live with that. Then maybe next year get some 215/55-16's for a perfect match to the speedo.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm surprised no one else noticed that the OP wanted to mount 16 inch tires on a 17 inch wheel?
Ah my bad, I should have clarified this part. I was actually looking at two craigs list postings. One was for 16 inch wheels + tires.. The other was for 17 inch tires alone. If my old Spec V wheels would have been compatible with the WRX I would have just needed to purchase tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts