ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been looking at some wheels, will the fitment be ok on WRX with h-techs? :tongue:

225/40/18 with 18x8.0 with 45 offset...thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
i think you need to address the wheels/offset and tires/size as a combination.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Just the rear you can fit 275s on the front without rubbing. Its possible they will fit with 225's in the rear. But a 8 inch rim with a 45 offset is cutting it close so dont be surprized if they do.

·
Registered
394 Posts
SWRX - I'm running the Crimson K6 now, which is 18x8, but i'm running a +40 offset. Tires are 225/40, and i have NO PROBLEM with tire rub. I'm dropped on a custom Tein spring, that is a little lower then the S-Tech.

But it all depends on the type of rim if it clears or not with the offset. But i have no problems with these rims.

Check my post on NASIOC on the members ride, and you'll see my car and that i have no problem with rubbing.

BTW...my fenders aren't rolled.

jarel

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well...the wheels are on...i'll take better pics later!!

If the fender goes down (which I doubt will)...to half way down on the wheel...then...I might rub...but other than that...I love it!!! the front and rear wheel gaps don't look as bad as before...i'm even more happier with the h-techs now than evar!!:D

thanks for all your inputs!!:)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
afpdl said:
What tire are you using?
225/40/18 Falcon 512's

also...I was told that as the wheel travels UP, the wheel will "tuck-in" and since I'm "only" close to rubbing, the wheels will not rub because "it'll tuck-in"...is this true??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
on the up-stroke, the suspension will arc in slighly. You can increase clearance by a slight negative camber.

not to jack this thread, but anyone with more meat than 225 on their rex? like, 235? 245?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
NOTimprezed said:
on the up-stroke, the suspension will arc in slighly. You can increase clearance by a slight negative camber.

not to jack this thread, but anyone with more meat than 225 on their rex? like, 235? 245?
i was thinking about just rolling the freakin fenders and going with 245 or something :D...but...didn't :D

Just trying to analyze with my limited knowledge...and poor terminology....doesn't horizontal travel of the suspention one of the factors that determine whether you rub or not? I mean, if someone's got really "stiff" suspension and it only goes up about 1 inch before the spring is maxed out (and the wheel gap is 1.5 inches), then this car will never rub, right?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure!

afpdl said:
Can you take a close up pic of the rear fender gap? And where did you get them from?
I'll try to post some later today...I'm actually thinking about selling these wheels...don't have a price set...just thought about it...only put about 1000-2000 miles, no scratches or curb scrapes, perfect rims, tires have at least 90% left...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Well, it looks like you got your problem solved but for reference if anybody searches this thread, I have the Tien S-Techs, with Volk 18x7.5 w/ 225/35 and no rubbing on a wagon. Its REALLY close though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts