ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I am looking into buying a set of 18" rims. The rims are 18" and I would go with a 225/40/18 tire. I also have prodrive springs on my 2002 wrx. I am wondering if anyone has done this combination before. Will the wheel tire combination fit? Any advice/knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't know for certain if they will fit, however I believe they will. I have a 2004 with Perrin springs with a pretty severe drop and I run 18' Rotas with the same size tire, 225/40 18.

The 18' tire is the same diameter as your stock setup, or at least fairly close, due to the lower profile of the 225/40 tire. What size wheel do you have stock, 16' or 17'?

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
you hardly gave us any information to help answer that question.

what is the width of the wheel?

what is the offset?

·
Registered
201 Posts
you hardly gave us any information to help answer that question.

what is the width of the wheel?

what is the offset?
Thank you, I forgot about the offset and width. :redface:

I am nearly certain I saw a 'what fits' tire and wheel guide on here somewhere, I just can't find it for some reason.

·
Registered
361 Posts
if your offset is 48 it would be a better choice to throw some some 235/40/18's on there. with prodrive blues you won't have any rubbing issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oops. Sorry about not giving enough information. They are 18"x7" and the offset is 48. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
29 Posts
18"

i have been running 18x7.5 wheels. 48
I have swift springs 1" drop.
tires 225 40 18 and i have no rubbing issues at all.
not a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey! So, I decided to order them. I talked to the business and they have a fitment guarantee so no matter what I am covered. If everything works and fits I'll make sure to take some before and after pictures. Thanks for all your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts