Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have specific information on the rotor/caliper overall diameter?

There seems to be alot of clearance with the stock 17's, so I'm thinking I can keep my Kosei K1's as winter rims??

·
1,911 Posts
There is a new 5Zigen wheel that will fit over the Sti and DC-5 Brembos (barely). Don't remember what the name of them are. Not too expensive. Almost all the other 16's and even 17's, no way. Those Brembos are HUGE. Even 17X7.5 Volks would not even come close to fitting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It comes with 17" bbs rims stock. I could almost fit my finger between the rim and caliper. It's only half an inch difference with a 16. Hummm :confused:

I'll need to have another CLOSE look at the TO autoshow on saturday.

EDIT: I wonder if i bring my rim to the show. Will they let me see if it fits?? heh :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a picture of the 16x7½" Kosei K1 rims (what I have) on a DC5 With Brembo's. It's not a chop as I seen it with my own eyes at the show.

With my stock 16" rims I barely have any clearance with the stock brakes. Brembo's wouldn't even come close to fittings with the stock rims but seem to fit with the kosei.

Anyone know where I could obtain the fitment diameter for the 04 STi front brake setup? Or possibly the actual inner diameter of the stock bbs rims that come with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So how are rally folks gonna put 15-inchers on this bad boy? :confused:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can confirm all the above....trying to find aftermarket rims for these MASSIVE brakes is near impossible even over seas in teh UK etc...

17" is near impossible to find, 16" <----- highly doubtful

Good luck and let me know if anyone finds any...

Cheers,
Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts