ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

After a lot of thought and conversation my wife and I decided to call it quits yesterday. It was probably one of the hardest things either of us has had to do, but it will probably be good for us both. We get along well, but neither of us has been very happy for the last several months.

The good thing is that there are really no hard feelings (though certainly hurt feelings) and we've already agreed on how to split things.

Anyhow, it is really sad to see three years of relatively happy marriage disolve like this, but I guess it's a necessary thing.

We'll be selling our house and a bunch of other stuff shortly and I plan to part out my rex in the next couple of weeks (I think it's time for something with a bit more luxury).

:(

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Damn. Im sorry to hear that. Really I am. I hate to see relationships go south. It's the worst feeling in the world. I wish the two of you the best luck possible. You never know what the future holds.

Keep your head up man.

·
Registered
674 Posts
sorry to hear that man..my wife and i had a bad streak that lasted almost a year..we both talked about seperating, but in a marriage you're supposed to work through the bad times..which we did and things are back to normal..marriage is work!!! I do hope both of you are happy though!! Good Luck with the single life!!! Itsa b!tch out there!! Best Regards,
Kris

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
SubaruWRX2k4 said:
Damn. Im sorry to hear that. Really I am. I hate to see relationships go south. It's the worst feeling in the world. I wish the two of you the best luck possible. You never know what the future holds.

Keep your head up man.
yes...I'm sorry to hear that too.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
take care my friend.. no matter how things go ... it happens for a reason. Maybe later on down the road things may work out between the two of you and then again maybe you'll find happiness elsewhere. Your life is like a book. This is just the beginning. You've got a whole lifetime ahead of you.:thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am really sorry to hear about the split up. Are there any children involved? At least you and her were able to come to some sort of agreement and didn't end things on bad terms. You got very very lucky there. Are you two still living together? I wish you the best of luck. Divorce isn't a pretty thing at all. Hopefully, in the years to come, you find someone that makes you even happier than before!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
So why haven't either of you been very happy the last couple months? Obviously something had to change.. I guess I'd try to thorougly examine what the problem is first, since it doesn't sound like something earth shattering happened between you..

·
Registered
302 Posts
My wife alked out on me after 9 months of marriage. Killed me at the time, but in retrospect, best thing she ever did for our marriage.

This kind of stuff hurts....really bad - and dont let anyone tell you it doesnt. Took a while to get over it for me, but now I have, I feel waaay better being single than in a relationship that was destroying me.

Making the decision to breakup is often the hardest - but Im sure you'll come out better, wiser and more loveable than before.

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the support. Thankfully, there are no kids involved and no major betrayals (no cheating, etc.). Unfortunately, we do own a house together.

There have been several things that have led up to this point, but I think in large part we have just been growing in different directions. I know that marriage is work and I've thought about trying to work things out, but my wife doesn't seem willing.

Sorry to keep things so cryptic, but everything is so fresh I want to make sure I don't say anything stupid.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
sarcasmo said:
Well,

After a lot of thought and conversation my wife and I decided to call it quits yesterday. It was probably one of the hardest things either of us has had to do, but it will probably be good for us both. We get along well, but neither of us has been very happy for the last several months.

The good thing is that there are really no hard feelings (though certainly hurt feelings) and we've already agreed on how to split things.

Anyhow, it is really sad to see three years of relatively happy marriage disolve like this, but I guess it's a necessary thing.

We'll be selling our house and a bunch of other stuff shortly and I plan to part out my rex in the next couple of weeks (I think it's time for something with a bit more luxury).

:(
Man, Im sorry for you bro.......:(

Better days ahead.

Godspeed

Shotgun

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the kind wishes guys and gals. I'll try to keep people posted if there is anything to post about (not that that has stopped me before :D).

I pulled the rex apart today and let me just say it is definitely sad to see her in this condition. She's missing: turbo, injectors, up-pipe, down-pipe, intercooler, UTEC, cat-back, etc. I just need to obtain some stock injectors before I can start putting her back together.

Side note...
God - how am I ever going to get the GBOD back on?

·
Registered
863 Posts
sorry to hear about the split man. It's probably for the best and I suppose it's good you decided early on and not 10 years down the line when you're both bitter and angry.

Good luck bro.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Sorry to hear about the situation man. I hope all works out for you in the best way possible. Seperating is never something easy. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts