ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my STI now for about 3 months and absolutely love it. However, I have noticed that when reaching about 95 MPH there is a wierd noise and slight vibration from under the hood similar to that of the small grooves at the beginning of the shoulder on the highway that let you know your drunk and going off the road, or falling asleep. The noise and vibration are not as harsh as the bumps. The car returns back to normal operation when I reach about 103 MPH and continues to operate fine the rest of the way up to......145. It does this no matter what gear I am in, it still happens. Does anyone else have this problem or know what it may be.

·
Registered
143 Posts
welcome to the club my friend. Most STi's have some sort of a hum to them while breezing past 100Mph. To test to see if it's suspension or engine, try hitting 100mph in different gears, that'll tell you if it's engine or not. I'm gonna tell you now not to worry too much about it, my car does it too but it sounds like it comes from the rear. It did it from the first time I hit 100mph and everytime after that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i am glad that my vehicle isnt the only one to do this....i guess maybe it is some kinda built in warning, since u get up to 100 so quickly, just to let u know how fast u r going...lol....thanx for the input

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do the STI's have the same mirrors as the WRX? If so, it could be that. The mirrors will make a howling noise at high speeds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lance, u should read the original post....it only makes the noise from about 95 to 105 then quits....if it was something wrong with the mirrors, it would continue to make the noise all the way up...thanks n e way bud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts