ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new turbo set up for my 2002 wrx. Existing mods prior to the new set up was a catless exhaust, CAI, larger tmic, boost controller, and turbo xs utec.
i purchased the 18G turbo a new fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and picked up some sti injectors. I only plan on pushing around 300 to the crank for now b/c i need to save up some more cash for internals and trans upgrades to take it further safely. so, my question is can i hold off on a wide band 02 sensor for now or is it a necessity at this point. I dont know subies too well since i have only owned the car for 8 months, and just started modding it 3 months ago.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just purchased a new turbo set up for my 2002 wrx. Existing mods prior to the new set up was a catless exhaust, CAI, larger tmic, boost controller, and turbo xs utec.
i purchased the 18G turbo a new fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and picked up some sti injectors. I only plan on pushing around 300 to the crank for now b/c i need to save up some more cash for internals and trans upgrades to take it further safely. so, my question is can i hold off on a wide band 02 sensor for now or is it a necessity at this point. I dont know subies too well since i have only owned the car for 8 months, and just started modding it 3 months ago.
I don't know subies too well either. I think i know more about DSM's and SRT4's. A wideband is always a good thing to have. It was my first mod on my 08 because i really wanted to monitor the AFR with every mod i added. Do 2002 WRX's have a 1:1 FPR? If not, i think a wideband and/or FPR would good, once again i am a newbie with the subie.

if you do want to purchase a wideband, i would recomend AEM. That link has one decently priced with free shipping. I am happy with mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts