Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the widest tires that can be put on the WRX? I don't care much about the diameter....i am fine with 16s....i just wish that the tires were as fat as ones on a Vette or something...or the M5....

What width tires are you all using (if you bought aftermarket stuff)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will Sedan fenders fit on the wagon?

Is that all that stopping the wagon from getting a 245/40/17 or a 235/40/18?

Anyone know if front lips/bumpers are the same for the sedan and wagon?

Now that i think of it...are the side skirts and rear bumpers the same too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The widest 18 Te 37's on a sedan

I'm going to buy some Volk Racing TE37 white wheels for my first mod on my WR Blue WRX. I know I want 18's but I want to know what the widest possible size I can put in the front and the rear. I aiming for 8 or 8 and a half in the front and 10 in the rear, but I don't know what the limit is until I have to worry about fender rubbing. And I don't want to roll my fenders. Thanks for any help.

·
333 Posts
electronfrost said:
Will Sedan fenders fit on the wagon?

No. The whole front fascia will have to be replaced; both fenders, bumpers, and moulding. The rears.... no.

Is that all that stopping the wagon from getting a 245/40/17 or a 235/40/18?
No The suspension geometry is also different in the front vs. the wagon.

Anyone know if front lips/bumpers are the same for the sedan and wagon?
They are not the same. If you look, the blistered fenders on the sedan carry forward and meet flush with the bumper (the bumper molds into it) thus sticking out about 1/2" wider than the wagons. Thing to compare are the vents on both sides of the bumper. THe wagon has one large vertical slot, the sedan has three sectioned off ducts.

Now that i think of it...are the side skirts and rear bumpers the same too?
Side skirts, maybe. Bumper, no. Again, the width of the sedans fenders and where the bumper meets is different than the wagons.

--kC

·
Registered
22 Posts
You could probably get away with 18x8.5 wheels with 245/40/18 tires on a sedan, but NOT on a wagon. Like KC1 said, there are SO many things you'd have to change to get the wagon to the same specs as a sedan. You'd have to get custom fender flares in the rear (unless there are some wider aftermarket fenders for the wagon? Never heard of any), so the car would have to spend some time in a body shop, and it'll cost $$$. You also do NOT want differnet size tires front and rear. Keep them all the same size, otherwise you'll ruin the center diff.

I have 225/45/17 Falken Azenis tires and they stick out past the fender in the front, and are just about flush in the rear. I don't have any rubbing yet, but I'm afraid that when I get my Tein Wagon's, and lower the car, I might have problems. Will have to wait and see.

·
333 Posts
I have 225/45/17 Falken Azenis tires and they stick out past the fender in the front, and are just about flush in the rear.
Mav... what wheels/offset do you have? They shouldn't be sticking out on the top.

--kC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts