Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions. I'm trying to decide on a new EGT probe or a wide band o2 sensor. With that in mind:

1) What's a good price for a wide band o2 and where is a good source?

2) Is there an EGT probe that you don't have to tap a new hole for? I want to be able to return the car to stock for trips to the dealer, and a tap hole or additional probe will be pretty obvious.

Thanks for the help.

·
2,210 Posts
Typhoon said:
I have two questions. I'm trying to decide on a new EGT probe or a wide band o2 sensor. With that in mind:

1) What's a good price for a wide band o2 and where is a good source?

2) Is there an EGT probe that you don't have to tap a new hole for? I want to be able to return the car to stock for trips to the dealer, and a tap hole or additional probe will be pretty obvious.

Thanks for the help.
Good wideband O2 meters utilizing the 5-wire probe can vary significantly in price, and traditionally have sold for over $1,000. Recently there have been several low-cost but apparently high quality solutions hitting the market.

Personally, I'm sizing up one of these babies:

http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/

Take a look specifically at v1.5. You will need to purchase the 5-wire O2 sensor seperately at a cost of around $150.

I can't imagine how the dealership could legitimately give you grief for having fitted an aftermarket EGT probe. You could always go in and approach them on the issue if you're concerned that it might cause warranty denial problems.

-Pace

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pace. That's much more inline with what I want to pay. I was finding prices around $500 to $600. If you get one, let us know what you think. I enjoyed your post on the Utek.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts