Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 WRX Sedan 4-sale!!

Hello all -

I am selling my NEW 2004 Java Black Pearl WRX sedan!!

I have an opportunity to pick up a 2004 STI, so this brand new car must go! I took delivery of this current car on 6/10/03. The car has 3,583mi.

Here is what factory extras it comes with:
- Factory wing
- Factory Boost gauge
- Factory Security system
- Factory Air Filtration system
- Factory STI short shift kit
Aftermarket Parts include:
- Whiteline Front Strut bar
- Samco Intake extension
- Perrin drop in Filter
- Prodrive Shift knob
- Xenon H1 and H3 bulbs installed
- 3/16 mod
- Redline Water Wetter added to cooling system.
- Full Mobile 1 oil (changed at 3,100 mi)

This car is in showroom shape, has never seen rain, and has had its first oil change at 1,500 mi. I have all original parts as well. First $23,000 owns this new car which stickers out at over $26k. I have all paperwork. Contact me at [email protected] or 414-438-0959 for questions. I am located in Milwaukee, WI. Let me know if you wish to make an appointment to see the car (currently in storage).

P.S. - Only reply if you are serious!!

Scott Smith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon...someone out there must be looking for a new WRX and doesnt want to pay the "new car" price??

Contact me...I'll be glad to discuss the car with you!

·
Registered
108 Posts
ne chance in parting out and selling the spoiler for 04?

·
Registered
95 Posts
$23K used? I don't think so.

Paid $23,500 for my new '04.......You're gonna have to drop it at least a grand unless you find a sucker.....

·
Registered
189 Posts
JDMSubaru said:
Hate to say it but, the "new car" price I paid is less than what you are selling this car for used.
Are you guys kidding? Did you see the list of aftermarket stuff? New this car would be about...$26,153, build price from subaru.com...add taxes....$27,617.57. Now estimating off the top of my head, $50.00 for filter, $880.00 for H1 and H3 Xenons, $60.00 for shift knob $90.00 for strut bar...that's $28697.57. You're complaining about $5697.57 because of missing 3,583 miles??? I mean they're no Hondas or anything, but do you guys really think Subarus get that crappy that quickly?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think it's safe to assume...

that most buyers assume that a moded car is "usually" abused/runned-hard, however you want to say...and it voids warranty, and if anything happens, replacements might get expensive, usually more noisy ...bla bla bla.... even people who mod their cars don't buy moded cars.... mods only decrease the value of the car... but ultimately, it's supply and demand.... whether it's a good deal or not is ultimately decided by the buyer.... sorry for ranting, had my share of most lost from modding...

but really, good luck with selling that car, unfortunately with the special APRs and cash back, you lost ALOT of money when selling a very new car... but good luck cuz i know how you feel....

·
Registered
878 Posts
OffRoadWagon said:
Are you guys kidding? Did you see the list of aftermarket stuff? New this car would be about...$26,153, build price from subaru.com...add taxes....$27,617.57. Now estimating off the top of my head, $50.00 for filter, $880.00 for H1 and H3 Xenons, $60.00 for shift knob $90.00 for strut bar...that's $28697.57. You're complaining about $5697.57 because of missing 3,583 miles??? I mean they're no Hondas or anything, but do you guys really think Subarus get that crappy that quickly?
Last time I checked, modifications decrease the value of the car. He should strip all that crap off of the car, and sell it separately. That way, he will lose "less" money than he will now. Also, Honda's probably have equal or better resale value as Subaru's.

Here's his list of modifications:

Aftermarket Parts include:
- Whiteline Front Strut bar - easily removed and sold for 80 bucks
- Samco Intake extension - easily removed and sold for 50?
- Perrin drop in Filter - easily removed and sold for jack sh1t.
- Prodrive Shift knob - oh please, don't try and increase the value of the car with a shift knob.
- Xenon H1 and H3 bulbs installed - Excellent mod, yes, but can also be easily removed and sold separately.
- 3/16 mod - *free*
- Redline Water Wetter added to cooling system. - adds no value
- Full Mobile 1 oil (changed at 3,100 mi) - adds no value

Give me a break.

Also, when was the last time you saw some sucker pay MSRP for a WRX. If you paid MSRP, OffRoadWagon, I feel sorry for you. Everyone on this forum knows that you can get a new car for under 23k. I sure did, only paid 22,707 for the car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had $6,000 bucks of stuff on my WRX and I couldn't even get $20,000 for it when it had 1000 miles on it. I just stripped it back to stock and traded it in. Yes I took a loss, but I had no choice. I needed a lower payment vehicle.

Hell I still have the brand new body kit, wheels/tires, bov and more that I still can't sell for a reasonable price. Half of it is brand new and never been used.

Unfortunatly this market has a very high turn around. There are a lot of guys buying WRX's and selling them within 10,000 miles. Maybe to upgrade, maybe to get out of a payment.

Unfortunatly this lowers the resale greatly. Doesn't help that Subaru is throwing new WRX's out the door for $22,000 with no options, and then offering super low interest if not zero interest.

·
Registered
95 Posts
resale values

Tell me about it.......
After a bad wreck (not my fault-guy hit me head on) totalled my new 4Runner and shattered my ankle I needed an automatic to drive while the leg healed. Bought a nice red '02 PT Cruiser Limited . Leather, sunroof, etc......paid like $23K. 18 months later I'm trying to trade it (MINT- 10,500 miles). Subaru dealer offered $11K!!!!! Hell, I still owed $13,500 on the 4 yr loan!!!!! So I kept it to sell myself and got the Rex anyway. Put it in the Trader for 13,900. Kelley Blue Book is like $15,500. NOT ONE CALL. WTF????

Ended up selling it for $12,500, just enuf to pay off the loan.

Face it, the used car market is IN THE DAMN TOILET because everyone is buying new to get the rebates and low interest. Never mind the fact that you could save like $10k buying a mint 1 year old car with low miles.

So it ended up costing me about $12K to drive the new PT for 18 months. Add insurance and figure over $700/month. Only reason I bought the '04 Rex over an '03 was I really liked the new front end. And of course with a high performance car you really take a chance on it being abused if you buy used.

All I know is anyone driving a new car is bound to get HOSED on trading it in or selling it private party after it's a year old.
Sucks, don't it?

I knew all these new car incentives would hurt in the long run, and guess who gets hurt???? WE DO OF COURSE.

SPEEDFREAK- Be sure to let us know what you get for the car....did you see what Subaru would offer- that'd be interesting! I love it- you buy a new one, drive around the block, and TA-DA it's now worth $5 grand less. What a load.

·
Premium Member
19,094 Posts
Thats really nothing new. Its been like that for a looooong time. The second you drive a new car off the showroom floor you lost 15%

·
Registered
189 Posts
Re: resale values

SMC said:
I love it- you buy a new one, drive around the block, and TA-DA it's now worth $5 grand less. What a load.
It does suck, doesn't it? I mean in general you get hosed anytime you buy a new car, period. However, some makes (Honda and Toyota come to mind) do not lose there value like most others do. To buy a Civic SI in 1999 would've cost about 18500. To buy a 1999 Civic SI now would cost about 15500. Last year, before I bough my Rex, I saw a '99 SI for sale for 17495. The reason they can resell for so much is cause people WILL pay that much for one. If people here are comfortable with this guy not being able to sell his car for 23000, than they're going to have to not complain when they get screwed trying to sell their Rex used.

I agree most of the time that mods reduce a cars resale, or at least don't add to it. Same with a car being a high performance vehicle...raises questions as to how it was treated. However, half of his mods are factory, not aftermarket. Secondly, it's stuff that isn't too questionable. If it were wheels/tires, that's a very personal thing and I could understand people not paying for a set they didn't want. Or exhuast...looks and sound play a big part in what people buy. But the mods he has done you can't really argue with. And speaking personally, I know I haven't driven my Rex roughly. I'm guessing he hasn't autoXed it yet or anything, probably hasn't gone dirt driving much.

I know it's a bad time to sell a slightly used Rex, cause there are some nice rebates out there now. you can probably buy a Rex for the cheapest you ever could right now...except for maybe buying an '03 when they brought the '04s on the lot. But I still think he should get more than 23,000, cause the car is worth it, no matter what the market value is. If the market value is lower, it should probably be raised. These cars don't deserve a 5000 drop for going around the block, after all, it's not like they're American or anything.;)

Anywho, enough ranting, I'm getting back to work.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Re: resale values

SMC said:
Tell me about it.......
After a bad wreck (not my fault-guy hit me head on) totalled my new 4Runner and shattered my ankle I needed an automatic to drive while the leg healed. Bought a nice red '02 PT Cruiser
PT Cruiser???? What the hell were u thinkin??? Who buys used chrysler now??? Y didn't u get like used honda or Toy, you would sell it in few days now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
PT

I didn't buy the PT used...it was new off the showroom!

Blame it on the Lortabs I was on for 3 months after the wreck....:confused1 !

Actually it was a damn nice car to cruise in.....ended up selling it for $12,800. ($2500 under KBB) Remember it had only 10K miles, leather, sunroof, everything) Just barely covered my loan payoff. I doubt I'll ever buy another new American car. It cost me like $10k to drive it for 18 months. SCREW THAT.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Speedfreek, so is there a chance you are going to remove most of the parts and sell the car?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts