Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car for less than a week and everyone's already trying to race me. Two times in the past two days I had to lay the smackdown.

Comng out of the Sube dealership yesterday (had to get my window in track) I passed a lowered-out that had this heavy-ass spoiler, shiny new chrome rims, a thick, carbon coated exaust, mad decals. as approaching, dodging in and out of cars so he could meet me at the light. His car was clearly all show. He reved his engine to signal his wish to race. We both got our rpms up. I brake torqued my car (automatic ya know) at about 3000 rpm, light turned green and put about 6 cars between us by the time I was at 80 mph. He did his fly-by thing, he obviously had no turbo.

Today a styled up Eclipse wanted the same. We met at a light. This time I did not launch and just put my foot to the floor when the light tuned green. This guy had modified exaust and a turbo (heard his loud blow-out valve). Put a cars length between him.

What gives? Everytime someone sees a WRX they try to step up.

respect

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alchemist,

Why are u getting all the races, and I can't:( ? WRX is a nice daily car which could be make fast w/ a few bolts on. I rode in his car, and it's nice with leather and everything. Can't wait for both the WRX STI and EVO II to hit US shores. These two cars are a rival through many rally racing.

When I get my car back, we'll need to hit the Maple Grove Track.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
8 Posts
I get the same thing here in North Cackalaki...People around town always trying to race me. I finally decided to stop wasting my gas. Its the same ole story....blow them away off the line and watch them bust there ass to stay in sight...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well we suppose to have the ultimate sleeper being a 4 door. But because rex are flexing muscle in all the race circles and actually winning and leaving impressions all over the place. The sleeper/stealth concept is now out the door. Rexs are now well known and sort after for races. Even reqular ppl driving CL type-S, Rex Type-S will try to race a rex just to see how bad we are. We have actually became the Integra Type-R replacement, the car to beat.

This is becoming a fact of rex life :D

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
It happens, especially when you don't want to race...

Just remember to keep those revs under 4k for the first thousand miles to break it in :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Alchmist

Where u from in philly?? Lemme know if you wanna hangout with us sometime, we regulary meet up in or around philly and saturday nightsin doylestown

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My man black has got one fast car. Can't wait to race 'em. :D

Rob, I live in Lower Merion in Bryn Mawr, 10-15 min outside west philly. This Sat I'm gonna try to go hiking up north. I'd love to see what people have done to their rexes. I've got my turbo timer on it's way and that will be the only mod so far. Other then that, it's all stock, baby. Where is doylestown?

I get mad respect from this blue rex I see during rush hour all the time. We always honk at each other when we see each other. Maybe a race soon WRX?

respect

p.s. how do you upload a picture under your nick?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Haha ...

I get almost the exact opposite ... I think word has got out that the Asian guy in the red WRX w/ the roof rack will race anyone w/ a fast car ... ie: SS, Corba, TransAm, M3, AMG, Porsche Type S or better, etc. ;) I don't get revved at often ... or any innuendo of any sort ... well serious ones at least ... except for that Corba on Sun .... umm the one I smoked. :cool:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Re: Haha ...

chuglobal said:
I get almost the exact opposite ... I think word has got out that the Asian guy in the red WRX w/ the roof rack will race anyone w/ a fast car ... ie: SS, Corba, TransAm, M3, AMG, Porsche Type S or better, etc. ;) I don't get revved at often ... or any innuendo of any sort ... well serious ones at least ... except for that Corba on Sun .... umm the one I smoked. :cool:
Chu, is lonely on top, hehehe

·
Registered
237 Posts
No...

I'm just always lonely. :p I'm sure I'll get my butt handed to me by a Civic/RSX Type R w/ 300whp one day carrying bikes. It would be fun to see though. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
alchemist said:
My man black has got one fast car. Can't wait to race 'em. :D

Rob, I live in Lower Merion in Bryn Mawr, 10-15 min outside west philly. This Sat I'm gonna try to go hiking up north. I'd love to see what people have done to their rexes. I've got my turbo timer on it's way and that will be the only mod so far. Other then that, it's all stock, baby. Where is doylestown?

I get mad respect from this blue rex I see during rush hour all the time. We always honk at each other when we see each other. Maybe a race soon WRX?

respect

p.s. how do you upload a picture under your nick?
Hey, that might be me! I drive a blue rex (sedan) and can be seen going through Philly at rush hour. I always honk/wave to other WRXs when I see them.

If it is me, you don't want to race. Trust me :)

Carlo

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Rich. It seems no one wants to race me, I've tried to initiate a few races and the drivers never make eye contact with me. I guess I need to quit reving on Saturns! j/k

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive only had my rex for 3 days brand new Ive been so bad I cant resist. I try and drive easy. But I always find myself pushing to hard.I raced my bro in laws cop car hehe.Blow him off the line.How much damage can I do by pushing it too early. I only have 175 miles on it?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Haha...

Those Saturns are fast ... 0-60 in 5sec. ;) I guess people "can" feel if you're waving your "stick." :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had the same thing happen to me. Had the car for a month, and either people go after me 24/7 or they're complete beaters just wanting to see what my car can do. In the latter of the two, I don't even bother wasting the gas to show off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts