ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we just got our first real snow since October, I found this Jalopnik post relevant...

Why You Should Know Your Limits Drifting A Subaru

NWS: Language

Snow has something like a siren's call on gearheads. We dream of empty, twisting, sliding roads like this, and we long for something four-wheel-drive to really exploit them. Just don't drive into a snowbank like this guy.

Even when you're very much living the dream – driving your own 2002 Bugeye Subaru WRX with an STi motor on snowbound mountain roads – you have to keep your wits about you or you'll drive your car right off the road. Nothing was hurt, at least, so long as you don't count the Scooby and the driver's pride.
If you're the type of person who only watches NASCAR for the crashes, skip right to the 4-minute mark ;)

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
cool video, minus the crash. wish i had roads like that where i live, or even some snow to play in

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Definitely.

I love that I'm getting a car that is regularly featured on sites like that. You never saw an RSX in videos on legitimate websites, or on things like Jalop's top ten lists, etc.

It was definitely a driver's car, but had nowhere near the respect, history, and community surrounding it that the WRX has. At least, on the intertoobs.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
You'll rarely here this from me, but he definitely has some talent. That crash at the end was only because he nipped the bank with the left quarter and got sucked in.

I would like to see him wearing a helmet and at least have a roll bar installed in future videos.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
I was gonna say...generally he looked like he really knew what he was doing. Professional rally drivers get surprised, too.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
He was doing well but made one simple mistake. Right before he crashed, the car got out of sorts, and instead of slowing down and correcting it before the next corner, he kept on the throttle when his entry line was already beyond saving it. If he had simply slowed down when his line got off on the first corner he would've been fine.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Car sounded great! There was some nice driving in that video. His reaction to the crash was priceless, look at his face in the mirror as the crash is happening lol

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Nice driven, even if he is a 'flat-brim' :rotfl:

in all seriousness, guy does seem to have some talent there, though he really should have been wearing a helmet. Maybe spend less on those those gopro cameras and get some safety gear!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts