Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 WRX and the last 2 times my car was in the shop, the dealer washed my car. I didn't want it washed, but it got done anyhow and I am now aghast at what they have done to the finish. I have never had paint this badly swirled on any new car I owned before. It looks absolutely horrid in the sun. The car has 10,000 kms and was in the shop for rattling front struts which are going to be replaced. Now the car also needs to go to their body shop to be 'polished'.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If you didn't, you have to make sure to tell them from the beginning not to wash your car. My dealership asks from the get-go, which is nice. Take her to a professional detailer and have it polished.

If you did specifically instruct them not to wash your car you should probably file a complaint. It seems silly, but it never hurts to call SOA when you file your complaint. They do a great job of covering you.

Good luck with the strut issue. I had the issue on my 2015 STi and it was never fully resolved. SOA gave me a $4,000 good will credit toward any new Subaru, before negotiations. Hence, my 2018 STi was born.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aren't the struts on the STI inverse mounted compared to the regular WRX? The front end (driver side) now rattles ALL the time at low speeds over anything but the smoothest road. It started about 4 or 5 months ago and just got slowly worse.

Rob

·
Registered
354 Posts
Aren't the struts on the STI inverse mounted compared to the regular WRX? The front end (driver side) now rattles ALL the time at low speeds over anything but the smoothest road. It started about 4 or 5 months ago and just got slowly worse.

Rob
By rattle do you mean a clunking sound almost like something is loose? Mine just started this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts