ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Why women shouldn't be driving big suvs and Lt trucks"
Well needless to say I was hit by one of those women. So three weeks ago I bought a 2011 wrx pearl white. The car has only 875 miles on it. Not even broken in yet and haven't even made a payment on it. So I'm at one of the shops I usually work at and park my car in my usual spot far away from where customers park. Now I have to replace a left rear quarter panel, taillight, and rear bumper and a paint job on the car so everything matches. I have to drive a piece of **** HHR rental. All because some stupid lady didn’t know how to back her 2005 F150 out of a parking spot out, which she had so much room to do so. I'll post pics on my profile. Take a look and see how much room she had and the damage she did. That's just the icing on the cake. So I work at an automotive shop. Lady comes in and asked me to do a diagnostics on the truck. I say okay well let me pull the code or codes before I do the diag. To make sure it’s not just a gas cap code. Long story short codes were for a tranny and oil pressure switch, which was under warranty at the dealer because she replaced the tranny there. Lady had a new born with her. Her lazy ass husband was sitting his lazy ass at home while wife is doing the dirty work. If he would have driven the dam truck to the shop I probably wouldn’t have had my car in the shop. I kind of felt bad for lady. Still didn’t change the subject that she hit my new car or that she is driving a truck. If she didn’t have that baby with her it would have been a totally different story I would have been telling you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sorry for the confusion it just happened, so I had to get everthing I wanted to say out. The title should be" Why women shouldn't be driving big suvs and Lt trucks" Pics are up on my profile. Is there some way I can change the title.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had this happen the week of Thanksgiving by someone driving his girlfriend's F250 King Ranch with a drop hitch:

That turned my 15 minute trip to the bank into a 2 hour trip waiting for the cops to come to do the Private Lot Crash Report.

·
Registered
226 Posts
topher that SUCKS man i just checked the pictures hoesntly you coulda backed an 18 wheeler outta the spot lol. but at least someone didnt kick your hatch and leave you a note saying subaru sucks lol which happened to me a couple years ago. but yea i feel you on that large suv/truck but honestly from my experience the women who do drive them are usually pretty good looking.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Perhaps she had to trade out with her husband and is unused to the size of the vehicle. :shrug:

You're fine, and your car will be repaired. Life is too short to sit around steaming about such things and obsessing about the fact that it happened to be a woman that did it.

·
Æternum
20,621 Posts
I got backed into by a man in a Dodge Ram. He left all his information (which is rare around these parts). I fail to see how the gender of the driver plays any role in this? :dontknow:

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Yeah, stuff happens...Maybe she just didn't see your car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I forgot to put that lazy ass husband drive and F350 superduty so says the insurance.

·
Æternum
20,621 Posts
You're really going to make me say this?

You got hit in the parking lot. It's frustrating, but it's just a car and it will be fixed. Perspective: use some. Clearly the woman didn't do it on purpose. I'm sure you'll make a mistake some day and hit someone as well (if you haven't already). There are drivers every day that are t-boned at intersections and spend years recovering physically. Please, just look at the silver lining.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Topher, my car was T-boned 20 feet from my driveway... of the house I was moving into THAT day. I had a flight to Taiwan the next morning. Was I pissed? Hell yeah, but my car was fixed, and life moves on. I'm sorry it happened, but glad you're ok, and with time your car will be too.

Just FYI, this isn't like a "boys only" tree fort or something, there are many active women on this forum...

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I nearly got T boned yesterday at midnight by some a**hole who blew through a red light at 60mph in a 35.I didn't get a good look to see what gender the driver was.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Years ago I got distracted in a parking lot while traveling, and managed to mangle the passenger side door and front quarter on a concrete light post. Thankfully it was a rental car, and covered by company insurance, no questions asked...I felt profoundly stupid. I think back to that when I have a kneejerk reaction to cast stones at others for making an error.

·
Æternum
20,621 Posts
I nearly got T boned yesterday at midnight by some a**hole who blew through a red light at 60mph in a 35.I didn't get a good look to see what gender the driver was.
If it was a big truck or big SUV, then it was clearly a Woman driver.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Last night I almost had T-bone steak for dinner, but decided to make something else instead.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Last night I almost threw a T-bone in a chick in the back seat of her SUV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Topher, my car was T-boned 20 feet from my driveway... of the house I was moving into THAT day. I had a flight to Taiwan the next morning. Was I pissed? Hell yeah, but my car was fixed, and life moves on. I'm sorry it happened, but glad you're ok, and with time your car will be too.

Just FYI, this isn't like a "boys only" tree fort or something, there are many active women on this forum...
Just to replay to the girl thing. A chick that drives a wrx probably knows how to drive.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Have you ever driven a car with a kid in it? Or even worse, a screaming newborn? Take it easy on her.

Oh, and seriously, steer clear of all minivans and big SUVs, especially on the highway. They tend to make what appear to be completely sporadic moves that are not at all related to what's happening on the road, because chances are there's a real circus act going on in there.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts