Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Its not pink, it is cherry blossom red, and I don't think it is "sissy". Get over it, does having a pink looking badge really attack your manhood that much?

-joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
NJwrbT-WRX said:
Its not pink, it is cherry blossom red, and I don't think it is "sissy". Get over it, does having a pink looking badge really attack your manhood that much?

-joe
LOL, it looks pink to me. I think that this color takes away from the WRC reputation that this car has. All it needs is a Local Motion sticker :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The color is part of STi's heritage its not going to change any faster then ford would change their blue oval.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
ElDiablo said:
LOL, it looks pink to me. I think that this color takes away from the WRC reputation that this car has. All it needs is a Local Motion sticker :p :p :p
Someone's not out of the closet yet.:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
afpdl said:
The color is part of STi's heritage its not going to change any faster then ford would change their blue oval.
I did not know that. Why the WRC car uses white and yellow logos?

·
Registered
208 Posts
ElDiablo said:
I did not know that. Why the WRC car uses white and yellow logos?
The WRC car is prepped by Prodrive, not STi. Prodrive can pretty much do what they want to the car. A lot of the rally STi RA shells come in white, teams then paint the car whatever color they want. If they choose not to put cherry blossom red on the car, so be it. Also, some sponsors dictate the color of their advertising decals.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: Why STI logos are sissy?

ElDiablo said:
I'm loking at blue STI but all of the logos are pink like for Barbie:confused: Why not use white like on WRC car?
So far most of the replies havent given you the benefit of the doubt. But then, coming onto a subaru board and calling STi sissy doesnt help :rolleyes:

Still, the STi does attract people from other walks of life and not just the Subaru die-hards (which IMHO is a good thing, see also Hot Rod Mag's article).

I have a white STi, and it's my first Subaru. Hell, until a co-worker bought a WRX I had no idea FHI had a car division although I was vaguely aware that some Japanese company made the Outback.

The STi is a blast, and I'd highly recommend picking one up for days when the Viper is a bit too much (rain, snow, etc). It will take some getting used to since there's a torque deficit down low, but the handling is great and is much kinder than the Viper.

Oh, and you can remove the pink stuff. I've seen replacement stickers in blue or you can just go the stealth route and take them all off. I was planning a wing-ectomy for mine but I think the holes in the trunk will be more of an eyesore than the wing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Re: Why STI logos are sissy?

nathansvt said:
So far most of the replies havent given you the benefit of the doubt. But then, coming onto a subaru board and calling STi sissy doesnt help :rolleyes:

Still, the STi does attract people from other walks of life and not just the Subaru die-hards (which IMHO is a good thing, see also Hot Rod Mag's article).

I have a white STi, and it's my first Subaru. Hell, until a co-worker bought a WRX I had no idea FHI had a car division although I was vaguely aware that some Japanese company made the Outback.

The STi is a blast, and I'd highly recommend picking one up for days when the Viper is a bit too much (rain, snow, etc). It will take some getting used to since there's a torque deficit down low, but the handling is great and is much kinder than the Viper.

Oh, and you can remove the pink stuff. I've seen replacement stickers in blue or you can just go the stealth route and take them all off. I was planning a wing-ectomy for mine but I think the holes in the trunk will be more of an eyesore than the wing.
I'm not calling STI sissy! Just the pink stickers are. I'm looking to get one very soon as I love the car. The wing I don't mind but if the stickers can go than this is great!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Also colors in Japan dont have the same connotations as they do here in America. Pink is not associated with feminen at all.

All of the exterior pink badges are just decals except for the sti on the trunk which you can take off with a hair dryer and fishing line. The only pink you cant easily get rid of is the sti on the seats and on the steering wheel, but if you look at those they are actually more of a cherry blossom red then the pink of the outside badges.

Oh and if they put white sti badges like the wrc car you couldnt see them on my car:tongue:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Someone more knowledgable than me needs to explain this better than I will.

As good as I can explain. The Cherry Blossoms of Japan are a sacred part of the Japanese culture, Only Americans associate homosexuality or girliness with the color.

The Pink(Cherry Blossom Red) on the STi badge is a tribute to these time honored and sacred Cherry Blossoms in Japan.

But someone please explain it better, this was to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oh, and I dont want to come off mean or anything.

But ElDiablo, why are you so defensive of your manhood? Do you honestly feel people will consider you/your car sissy because of the pink STi badges. This, taken together with the fact that you currently drive a viper lends one to the assumption that you are maybe trying to create a masculine barrier around yourself, hiding something???

·
Registered
6 Posts
LukeWRX said:
Oh, and I dont want to come off mean or anything.

But ElDiablo, why are you so defensive of your manhood? Do you honestly feel people will consider you/your car sissy because of the pink STi badges. This, taken together with the fact that you currently drive a viper lends one to the assumption that you are maybe trying to create a masculine barrier around yourself, hiding something???
I'm not hiding anything. My wife told me that those pink stickers made the car look like a Barbie car.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
ElDiablo said:
I'm not hiding anything. My wife told me that those pink stickers made the car look like a Barbie car.
Hit her.

Nice viper.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ElDiablo said:
It's just your wife's subtle attempt at emasculation. She knows that if it comes to unloading the Viper, she will lose her means of trolling for hot guys, leaving her interminably stuck with you. :D

Edit: Oops, my wife just took my self servicing privledges away.

·
Super Moderator
1,991 Posts
Just editted the post title and thread to use "sissy" for previous homosexual reference. It may seem silly to some, but it is a word that's not permitted on the clubWRX.net board. Please see posting rules in the "Welcome to the Club" forum.

Thanks,
Steve

1 - 20 of 53 Posts