Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that they are AWD. I know that its turbo. But they are a little spendy and before I get one I want to make sure Im investing in the right car. so why should I get a wrx?

·
Registered
41 Posts
do you have any other options besides the wrx? there are plenty of nice, cheaper cars out there. but wrx gives you reliability, excitement and safety in one package.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You should get it because you are already thinking about it. :) I had a miata (fun) and accord (average daily) and sold both for my WRX which combines the fun and practicality. It is a well rounded car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wanted a WRX too but got a Honda Civic Si, I love it! It’s cheaper and still ends up cheaper to turbo reliably. It’s a reliable car and I still want my subie but realistically now my best option was my honda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Personally it depends what you're buying it for, Where you live, and what kind of financial situation you are in. If you're looking for a car that's good in the winter(with snow tires), decently priced, and has some pep then the WRX might be for you.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I know that they are AWD. I know that its turbo. But they are a little spendy and before I get one I want to make sure Im investing in the right car. so why should I get a wrx?
Depending on where you are located, give myself or Clayton (rexxx0486) a chance to earn your business and save you some $. We both are extremely aggressive on pricing for new Subaru's

Send me an email to the address listed in my signature and i'll show you what I mean :wiggles:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Depending on where you are located, give myself or Clayton (rexxx0486) a chance to earn your business and save you some $. We both are extremely aggressive on pricing for new Subaru's

Send me an email to the address listed in my signature and i'll show you what I mean :wiggles:
You guys can take my Si for a Subie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
The WRX is a "spunky" little go-cart. The handling, for a sedan, is phenomenal. For a car having a twin-scroll turbo, it still has a lot of lag and a very narrow power band. As others have said, if you live in a very snowy climate, it might do for you. If you're looking for seat-of-the-pants fun, or even really quick acceleration, look elsewhere.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Because . . . wait for it . . . RALLY CAR!!!!! (extra exclamation points added on purpose.)

:)

Also, there is the whole vaping and flat brim thing . . . :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
OK, serious answer time . . .

As others have said . . . it would help to know why you are considering the WRX and what car features you value.

What I mean by this is I knew going in that I could buy a cheaper car than the WRX . . . even a cheaper AWD vehicle than the WRX . . . but what I value in a car is AWD for all-year driving, I like the zip of this car and the price tag fits my budget.

I test drove the Civic Si . . . but it didn't have AWD, I didn't care for it having to be revved so high to really see the performance gain and the older model I test drove was butt ugly.

I test drove the FRS . . . and while I liked the ride it didn't have the AWD which I value here in Maine and even more importantly to me wasn't quite as zippy as the WRX (that said . . . I still love the look of the now 86 and BRZ).

I wanted to test drive an Accord coupe, but the dealership never bothered to send anyone out to talk to me and after more consideration I realized at this point I was leaning towards a more sporty handling vehicle.

I test drove a used 350Z and while I liked the zip and handling, I absolutely hated how cramped it was and how limited the visibility was . . . not to mention no AWD.

In the end for me the deciding factors were the handling, zip, Subaru's reputation for reliability (this was the first model year for the new design so I had to go on the past experiences) and the ability to run this car all year round in any kind of weather without having to resort to taking my pick up to work in the event of a snow storm.

Again . . . this was the perfect car for me. For other folks this may not be the case . . . some might prefer a cheaper car, a faster car, a better handling car, a car with more creature comforts, a car with a better interior, etc .

Only you can answer why you should consider the WRX . . . and if needed, ask questions to help narrow down your car choice.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My advice is to forget everything you've ever heard about the car and go drive it as much as possible. I like mine but it took me a long time to get over how weak it accelerates.

·
Super Moderator
10,890 Posts
Because it fits your want and needs in a vehicle and is in your price range.

They are nice sporty little econoboxes. If you are looking for a race car you'll be disappointed but if you want a car that gets fair gas mileage, is reasonably comfortable, and a little faster than it's competition then it's the way to go. It doesn't stand out as the best at any particular thing, but the entire package fun to drive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts