ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just uploaded the stock map back into my car through the AccessPort but I have no CEL yet. I don't get it? I have a catless uppipe in there, catless exhaust, catless downpipe and now running on stock parameters. I even talked to a guy at Cobb and said I should have a CEL now.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
I just uploaded the stock map back into my car through the AccessPort but I have no CEL yet. I don't get it? I have a catless uppipe in there, catless exhaust, catless downpipe and now running on stock parameters. I even talked to a guy at Cobb and said I should have a CEL now.
It might take the sensors awhile to realize what's going on. By one tank of fuel you should have a CEL I'd imagine.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
Patience, it'll come. If you really must have a CEL ASAP remove the gas cap or disconnect the MAF. Otherwise just wait, it'll show up.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Takes 20 miles at a sustained 55mph or below with no WOT runs for the system to preform a complete diagnostic check on OBD2.

*cough* I know cause bugeye had battery cable pulled right before smog check to clear CEL and it failed cause system hadn't performed self diagnosis yet *cough*

Patience or loosen gas cap like SD_GR said.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Did you perform the work on the car? Is it possible there are some CEL/MIL eliminators in place?

Why are you trying to get a CEL? :sadwave:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you perform the work on the car? Is it possible there are some CEL/MIL eliminators in place?

Why are you trying to get a CEL? :sadwave:
I flashed the ecu back to stock, I think you saw the thread I originally made about the AccessPort and my car. So I'm now running a catless uppipe with a catless TBE/DP, so I know there's supposed to be a CEL. I just don't understand why it hasn't come on yet? Maybe there are CEL eliminators. I sure as hell don't know about em' though if they are in there.

·
29,233 Posts
Maybe there are CEL eliminators. I sure as hell don't know about em' though if they are in there.

This is an empirical question. Eyeball around and see what you find if you're really interested.

·
29,233 Posts
Ah! OK, makes sense. Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Why would you want to induce a CEL code?:sadwave:

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Patience, it'll come. If you really must have a CEL ASAP remove the gas cap or disconnect the MAF. Otherwise just wait, it'll show up.
This might be my all time favorite quote on any automotive message board.

·
29,233 Posts
This might be my all time favorite quote on any automotive message board.
Thanks very much, tip the waiters folks, I'm here all week, thank you...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
so was i wrong to sell my jetta with teh CEL and buy a turbo one with no CEL :confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts