Votes: 3 30.0%
  • WRX doesn't want Dan to have more power than the STi

Votes: 4 40.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is Dan's (God) car giving him the CEL for his MAF sensor? Was it damaged during installation? Is it loose in some way? Too much airflow? Unstable airflow?

Let's hear from all the wannabe engineers on the site. If someone figures it out I'll mail them a cookie.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Many S4 owners were afraid to add even a K&N filter as there had been more than a few reports of oil film on the MAF causing CEL's. This did not show up immediately, but only after enough usage to carry enough atomized oil particulates to coat the MAF. I do not know if these incidents occurred with the factory oiled K&N filter, or if the incidents were from filters that someone oiled themselves. If this is possible on the S4 I am sure the same could apply to the WRX. The other possibilities that have been mentioned that could potentially hose the MAF is the air flow characteristics of a cone filter and narrow ram-tube(injen style) which creates extreme directional flow forces in comparison to the diffused air flow through the panel filter set-up. Lower intake air temperature from a CAI could also be a contributing factor creating condensation/moisture caused by the cool air against the hot underhood metal piping of the Injen. Metal piping has always been suspect as an intake material due to the heat absorbing characteristics.I realize that there are a lot of intake tube made of metal, but these are just some thoughts and info I have picked-up over the years.

JNR

·
Registered
74 Posts
strange i have been using a injen for about 2 months now and not single CE

luck i guess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts