ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to continue modding my car cause I my 05 Rex has wimpy low RPM power....I want to do something bout that, but am not sure where to start.

I've got a homie that makes intercoolers..

www.speeddezines.com

Prices look good and the guy is a friggin prodigy w/ cars, but i'm not sure if I need oen or not and what it'll do for me besudes make the engine run cooler.

Can someone fill me in on what an intercooler does and if I should get one or not?

gracias

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Iron_Armz said:
I am looking to continue modding my car cause I my 05 Rex has wimpy low RPM power....I want to do something bout that, but am not sure where to start.

www.speeddezines.com

Prices look good and the guy is a friggin prodigy w/ cars, but i'm not sure if I need oen or not and what it'll do for me besudes make the engine run cooler.

Can someone fill me in on what an intercooler does and if I should get one or not?

gracias
wimpy low-end? what mods do you have now becuase you worded it as continue to mod, so I assume you're not stock.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
If you're running the stock turbo and you feel like your low end sucks, go buy a new car. There isn't a turbo out there that will give you better low end really.

If you haven't already, get a new uppipe and DP... get rid of all the restrictions in your exhaust...

A FMIC will add more lag on a stock turbo and won't give you any power down low....

·
Registered
766 Posts
Stock turbo, you don't need a FMIC. Go with something like a Vishnu Stage 1 or TXS Stage 2 and you'll get better response out of the car.

Cavlin

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
I have a Cobb stage II and it feels like there is virtually no lag. If you are stock, free up the bottlenecks. A FMIC will take away low end.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Iron_Armz said:

www.speeddezines.com

gracias
why didn't you just buy an STi?

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Trainrex said:
Good lord! When I posted in this thread I was stage II :eek3: Old thread!
what you got now??

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
patryn8 said:
Its true I'm not a spammer, just want to let people know that its a waste of money when buying speed dezines stuff. Like I say I'll send you all the pics you want to show you how bad the welding is. Also other people have noted the bad quality. Check out 3SI.org in the forums and you will see where this josh higgins ripped people off, actually everyone in the group buy he put on. Oh here is one link http://forums.coloradoracing.net/index.php?showtopic=85334. I have others as well. Buyer beware when it comes to speeddezines.
I think they were refering to the thread starter, not you. Coming on and dissing a product in your first post would make you more like a troll :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just trying to let people know that speed dezines is not a reputable shop. Based on the facts, check with the Better Business Bureau, and state business record. You will find that he has, well an unsatisfactory record. Below are a few links to see some people Speed Dezines has screwed over. I paid for a turbo kit $2700 that was suppossed to be received on July 10, but now it is December and not turbo kit and no refund. Last excuse I got from Speed Dezines was that they didn't have any money. Now really is that a business you would want to work with.
http://forums.coloradoracing.net/index.php?showtopic=85334
http://forums.coloradoracing.net/index.php?act=Print&client=html&f=77&t=85334
http://www.3si.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-270599.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wrx performance Cobb tuning

About the cobb stages power packages, when it says stages 1 260hp, is it crank hp?

The second question, if i want to buy the stage 2 before stage 1, well i get the amount of hp that it says i would get, or do i have to buy stage 1 first???? please reply soon as possible

·
Registered
101 Posts
zackwrx said:
About the cobb stages power packages, when it says stages 1 260hp, is it crank hp?

The second question, if i want to buy the stage 2 before stage 1, well i get the amount of hp that it says i would get, or do i have to buy stage 1 first???? please reply soon as possible
stage 2 assumes you have done stage 1
stage 1 is the access port alone
stage 2 is dp/catback and the access port
in fact i think if you buy stage 2 it includes the access port.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts