ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Im hoping someone can help me. I have an 05 sti with 9500 miles on it. The breaks squeek pretty bad when i slowly come to a stop. Is that a typical thing for the sti and wrx in general or might ther be something wrong?Please let me know if you have any ideas. thanks again

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
have the dealer look at it but it is just probably normal.

most pads are semi metallic and they will make noise from time to time since you have a semi metallic pad rubbing on a metal rotor and adding the high heat doesnt help with noise. with 9500 miles, i dont expect them to be worn to the point of the little feelers that let you know they are worn so it might just be a normal noise.

i have noticed that sometimes the weather can affect when they make noise as well.

still wouldnt hurt to have them looked at by the dealer, but i imagine it is the normal noise that comes and goes with some brakes.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have chased this issue around for the last few years of owning my STi, i have changed pads a few times, rotors ones and still have alot of noise. I think alot of it has to do with the free floating caliper design. Ive learned to live with it...i can at least assure you nothing is wrong with you car.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
i didn't know actions make noise..

sti brakes always squeek from day 1, its normal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have the dealer look at it but it is just probably normal.

most pads are semi metallic and they will make noise from time to time since you have a semi metallic pad rubbing on a metal rotor and adding the high heat doesnt help with noise. with 9500 miles, i dont expect them to be worn to the point of the little feelers that let you know they are worn so it might just be a normal noise.

i have noticed that sometimes the weather can affect when they make noise as well.

still wouldnt hurt to have them looked at by the dealer, but i imagine it is the normal noise that comes and goes with some brakes.

Yeah, my friend had a suby an 04 wrx and it did the same thing. so i was just wondering. But i will get them checked just to make sure. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts