ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I changed brakes and pads on all 4 wheels for my 2005 WRX wagon :woocow::woocow:.

But the problem is that both front calipers has a 3mm gap from the mounting surface when I put the new parts in :confused:.

I can still tight up the bolts but the front brakes gets really got and noisy when I drive. Then my friend suggested to put a washer :screwy: to fill in the gaps. After that, the noise is still there but not running as hot anymore.
Here's the part list...

2 x EBC rotors from EBC Front Brake Disc EBC Ultimax Premium Rotor OE comparable

4 x EBC front pads from 2005 Subaru Impreza EBC Ultimax Brake Pads

Anybody run into the same problem before? Oh, the rear wheels are fine, no problems at all. They are also EBC Ultimax parts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yuppp! It's odd. But my friend keeps saying there were washers originally but I just lose them when working on them.

I'll ask the dealer next week since I had to take it in for transmission/transfer case seal replacement. I just found out the tranny is 1 liter low on fluid. It leaks baaaad.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,452 Posts
There were washers where? I can't picture what you are describing. Between what two specific parts were there washers?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There were washers where? I can't picture what you are describing. Between what two specific parts were there washers?
http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_RRBrakeDics08AccordFig59_1.jpg

Here is the best I can find. In the picture above, B is the mounting bolt for the caliper, C is the caliper sliding pin and D is where the washer is. I put it between the caliper and mounting surface and through the caliper mounting bolt.

I can try to take a picture tomorrow if that helps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here you go... the RED thing is where the washer located. the Caliper bolt goes right through it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts