Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
328i, S60, S40, 9-5, 528i.........

although, it just doesn't seem right for BMW to have a proper car model name. seems kinda weird :confused:

·
Registered
218 Posts
it depicts the series of the car and the size of the engine.example a bmw 328 the 3 means its a three series bmw and the 28 means its a 2.8 liter engine. mercadies is very much alike but uses letters for the series, s series, cl, m etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
TerribleOne said:
it depicts the series of the car and the size of the engine.example a bmw 328 the 3 means its a three series bmw and the 28 means its a 2.8 liter engine. mercadies is very much alike but uses letters for the series, s series, cl, m etc.
Oooooooooo didn't know that.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
But for Volvo, S & V stand for the body style. S for Saloon (sedan), V, I think is Versatile (Estate in Europe typically is wagon). The numbers depict the model

Audi: S & A, A is normal, S is performance. Numbers also mean the model. But in Volkswagen world, don't confuse the A4 platform for the Audi A4. The A4 platform includes: Golf, GTI, Jetta, TT, & A3, and maybe one of two more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess its the same with infiniti. Q45 is a 4.5 litre. and so on. damn, you learn something new every day

·
Registered
131 Posts
Because even the marketting people are engineers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess BMW realized their mistake when they offered the 323i with the 2.5L 6 cyl in 2000/2001 and then quickly changed it back to the 325i ha ha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts