Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the momo one costs like 80 some friggin dollars!!!! what's up with that? i installed a SS in my car a while back, but overtightened the stock shiftknob, and cause the threading is plastic, it got stripped, so im in the market for a new one. but i want something reasonable here...i checked vivid and teagues, and they didnt have much selection (or price was too expensive)

·
980 Posts
because its either momo (quality and high price) or cheapies made specifically for hondas that glow neon and are tasteless chrome colors that sell in Pep Boys.

-c

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its just a piece of aluminum!!!!! just some molded piece of junk with a sticker on it, or wrapped w/ leather - i don't get it....something so miniscule costs like 90???no way

·
1,379 Posts
Because people will pay it, of course. It's like Gucci, you're paying $20 for the knob and $60 for the label appeal. Higher prices mean lower volume but higher margins, and apparently that's where MOMO has decided they want to position themselves. Seems to be working....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Or, you can also get this

knob :D :D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
In all fairness, SUPPLY AND DEMAND. Shift knobs are relatively low quantity item made from pretty high quality material. Pay to play, if you don't want to pay, use your stock knob!

I honestly feel that my Race Air Leather was worth every penny of the $70 I paid for it. It is weighted nicely, the shape adds to my driving experience, and IT LOOKS GOOD.

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, truth is, i probly WOULD be using my stock knob, but i stripped the threading cause i overtightend it on my SS, so now its kinda loose and it vibrates over 5000rpm

·
Registered
40 Posts
Penguinking said:
the momo one costs like 80 some friggin dollars!!!! what's up with that? i installed a SS in my car a while back, but overtightened the stock shiftknob, and cause the threading is plastic, it got stripped, so im in the market for a new one. but i want something reasonable here...i checked vivid and teagues, and they didnt have much selection (or price was too expensive)
The Kartboy Knuckleball shift knob is my choice bar none. it screws onto the shaft (like OEM) instead of bolting on like aftermarket. It's brushed aluminum (blk or silv) and is only like $40.

Added bonus: It's much shorter in overall height than the stock knob so it's almost like a short-throw shifter! I LOVE it.

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
actually now i'm looking at the ichiban racing shift knob which is basically a momo look-alike

·
Registered
401 Posts
i too am very satisfied with my kartboy..i got the combo with ss and bushings with the knuckleball..its so soft..feels real comfortable in shifts..and is even lower with the ss than stock..looks real good with the dash trim how it is polished iodized silver..i plan on getting the sti shifter trim as well for my next interior mod..:D
later

1 - 16 of 16 Posts