Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what this plug is for?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's on a 2013 WRX hatchback

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
For an option you don't have, possibly a factory test device, any number of things. I don't see a mating wire so i suspect it's not important.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,727 Posts
Do the 13s have the green test connectors under the dash? If so then the car will give you an Xmas tree light show if you connect them. IDK, I’ve got a bugeye and it does definitely.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys. I have them plugged together in the picture and it gave me a ton of codes when I started it with them plugged in.
I keep pulling a ROM failure when I hook up my Accessport. And I get an over boost at WOT in 3rd... I'm going crazy trying to hunt this down.

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
Do the 13s have the green test connectors under the dash? If so then the car will give you an Xmas tree light show if you connect them. IDK, I’ve got a bugeye and it does definitely.
They shouldn't... At least no CAN vehicles should need a test connector.

Then again, my memory ain't so sharp these days.

Reactions: Allroy1967

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,727 Posts
Thank you guys. I have them plugged together in the picture and it gave me a ton of codes when I started it with them plugged in.
I keep pulling a ROM failure when I hook up my Accessport. And I get an over boost at WOT in 3rd... I'm going crazy trying to hunt this down.
Don’t hunt anything down. Just disconnect them and live life.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you I kinda figured that's what it was. I have been trying to hunt this problem down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I get the P0605 everytime I hook the accessport up.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
I would contact cobb about that one. It may be the ECU was locked by a previous tuner or you got a bad flash. I know some other errant issues can cause that code as well

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had it on the car before and it worked great. I took it to the dealer for the road bearing recall and put the stock stuff back on. Hasn't worked since. Super frustrating

1 - 12 of 12 Posts