Subaru WRX Forum banner

Would you be interested in buying a IC water sprayer kit from me?

• Yes

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.8%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about making a kit for rather cheap ($50), and selling them to whoever wants one. I'll have two options, one where I send all the wiring with a little write up, and you install the pump yourself. The second being you send me your washer bottle, I install the pump and get all the wiring ready. Of course, the latter might be $10 extra. I might be able to work on the price, though.

This is just to test the waters :)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It'd be one that just popped into the rubber splitter for TMIC's, I will think about making one for a FMIC, but that's a little tricky because gravity is working against us.

Very simple system, it'll include pump, pre-cut wires with correct ends, a switch (with possible choices), hoses, and a picture write up for easy install.

I was doing some highway runs the other day, and I was getting a little knock in 3rd gear at about 4-5k. I tried the same exact situation again, while spraying, and got no knock. So I know it works!! :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
where is the rubber splitter for TMIC's located? Thats where the water container will be?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what I did, I just poked a hole into the rubber. I will come up with a better design if you guys feel it's necessary. It worked PERFECT for me :p

·
Registered
421 Posts
Neat idea. How much u think of selling them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
oops, didnt read...ur selling them for 50 bucks

·
Registered
446 Posts
As hot as it gets out here, that sounds great. Would I be able to buy the spray button for the STi for the factory look? Sounds like a good stocking stuffer!:D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's some more pictures:

This is the tank lifted up a little so you could see the two pumps. On the sedan, the stock pump is on the left normally, I moved it over to the right and stuck the new pump in the old slot. Both pumps still work :cool:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here it is installed, notice you couldn't tell by just looking that there's something really different:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
If there's enough interest, I could purchase a good number of STi switches and create the kit to suit the STi switch, then sell it as a package. The switch alone is like $20, though.

Depending on what YOU guys want, is how I could create to the kit; ideally to suit your guys' needs :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
With this setup I would loose my windshield washer? I use mine quite a bit and don't know if I would want to loose that. Is there an another way, with maybe a separate reseviour?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jamie007 said:
With this setup I would loose my windshield washer? I use mine quite a bit and don't know if I would want to loose that. Is there an another way, with maybe a separate reseviour?
No, the windshield washers still work, but I don't think it's the best idea to put windshield washer fluid on the IC. I just used water in the washer resevoir, worked fine for me.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
amob02 said:
yo im definately down for this.... tell me if your gonna go ahead with this...

-alan
I'm not hating on wagons, but I'm just too lazy to rig up a kit for them. They have a second pump already in the place that I would put the new one in. Meaning: sedans only :(

P.S.: Unless of course that's not your car in the avatar!

·
Registered
446 Posts
RLsChMiDt said:
No, the windshield washers still work, but I don't think it's the best idea to put windshield washer fluid on the IC. I just used water in the washer resevoir, worked fine for me.
Cool, I'm in...I'll pay extra for an STi switch if neccessary.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts