ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who's going to be in Boston at the same time as the (ughhh) DNC? I, for one must work and since my office is across the street from the FleetCenter, I'm going to see if I can snap some photos of the crowds and protesters.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I've got front row seats to the end of the Boston.

*Sigh

What pisses me off is that some of our co-workers have the option to go home by 3pm and management isnt giving us (the sales people) the same...nope we have to stick it out.

F*CK THE DNC.

Did you guys here about Half Time Pizza just outside of the Fleet?

Evidently, Mayor Menino closed all the business around the FleetCenter and well seeing as this is a prime time for Half Time Pizza to make a sh*t load of money (b/c its literally right outside the Fleet Center and everyone needs food) he asked the city to compensate him for making him close down. Now IMO, this is respectable. Make me close, and well, you should pay me or compensate me somehow.

Well the city said no and wouldnt let him open, so he put up a huge sign in his front window that said "Thanks Menino, Vote for Bush"

:rotfl:

WELL, this pissed Menino off and the next day he had several inspectors going through his restaurant looking for health violations and whatever they could find. :eek:

What a d*ck.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
That's some ish about that Pizza place LBS. What crap.
My thoughts exactly. What kind of a man are you that when you're Mayor, you have to get back at a small time pizza shop owner. :mad:

He'll probably shut this board down now too :rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
half time pizza is the best.

it's probably not even that high quality of a pie, i'm just usually so unbelievebly bombed when i leave bruins' games, that it tastes like it came right from napoli.

the real move it to walk the 4 extra blocks to regina. (best pizza in the world)

dR

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
dark_rex said:
the real move it to walk the 4 extra blocks to regina. (best pizza in the world)

dR
:rolleyes:

Go to any pizza place in Jersey and get back to me. Sorry Regina is good but has nothing on real pizza from Jersey or NY.

·
Registered
404 Posts
That is some serious crap about Half time....not that I frequent Pizza places, but its crap that they can just say, "We're having our convention here...and we're doing this...we're closing 93."
I might have to work in town at some point this week...I'm just really hoping I don't have to do any Big-Dig stuff. You have to have a billion credientials to get onto a site right now.

I used to go to "New York Pizza a lot at the corner of mass ave and columbus...does that count Brian? :p

Oh BTW, how was The Grasshopper? Depending on what you get half the ppl I know love it, half hate it.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
redobs said:
But, you have to *gasps* go to Jersey. ;)
Yeah, it would suck to drive to Jersey for some pizza and end up getting your car stolen. Nevermind, I'll drive down in the Ford Taurus that I am using now. :D

Silva_Wagon said:
I used to go to "New York Pizza a lot at the corner of mass ave and columbus...does that count Brian? :p

Oh BTW, how was The Grasshopper? Depending on what you get half the ppl I know love it, half hate it.
No, New York Pizza does not count.

The Grasshopper was OK. She said she would give it a second chance. :p

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
:rolleyes:

Go to any pizza place in Jersey and get back to me. Sorry Regina is good but has nothing on real pizza from Jersey or NY.
bah, you're just caught up in the hype.

there are definitely some great pizza places in NJ, but reginas and stellas are definitely in the same class.

alway's hated NY/NJ people saying "no way, ALL pizza is better in NJ then ALL pizza in boston" :rolleyes:

i've eaten at enough "Ray's" to know that it's all BS. (and if you know anything, you'll know why i put quotes on rays)

bottom line, reginas is made by the true off the boat guineas. not the greek wannabe's in NY/NJ.

dR

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New York Pizza by Columbus and Mass is wicked good, or should I say mad good. They have feds everywhere on Causeway and Portland, It sucks because Muligan's and Half-time are both closed. I'm going to take some pictures from my office tommorrow because I forgot my camera today.

·
Registered
278 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
Yeah, it would suck to drive to Jersey for some pizza and end up getting your car stolen. Nevermind, I'll drive down in the Ford Taurus that I am using now. :D

No, New York Pizza does not count.

The Grasshopper was OK. She said she would give it a second chance. :p
Grasshopper in Allston? Ate there for the first time a couple weeks ago. I'm still farting from the gluten. They have fake meat that looks like and tastes like...well meat. I don't get it. If you're a vegetarian, why are you eating stuff that looks like and tastes like meat???:confused:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Can I just reiterate that the DNC sucks?

Its funny, I see all of these extra cops around trying to provide this illusion of safety...and I might feel safe...if they werent talking to their girlfriends on phones, giving each other high fives, and having coffee together.

Isnt your job to focus on what goes on around you guys, not on each other? :rolleyes:

I cant wait to blow out of here tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
There is no change in the environment around the Pru. It is just a lot quieter here since most people are not in the office.

I am glad I don't work near you guys. :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
redobs said:
Grasshopper in Allston? Ate there for the first time a couple weeks ago. I'm still farting from the gluten. They have fake meat that looks like and tastes like...well meat. I don't get it. If you're a vegetarian, why are you eating stuff that looks like and tastes like meat???:confused:
Probably because not all vegetarians dislike the taste of meat, and are vegetarian for other reasons... I'm included in that group, and I'm a vegan but I eat stuff that tastes like ice cream, butter, etc. I like how all all that stuff tastes, but would rather not actually be putting it into my system. If that makes sense...

Still glad I'm not in Boston right now.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The friggn DNC can shove it, damn helicopters flying overhead distract me from doing my work and making the whole office shake, the fact that my commute is doubled to 2 hours one way, the police searching my bag before I can get on the shuttle bus to leave, the feds and cops that stare me down while I walk down Portland Street, the fact that Mulligan's and Half-time are closed, just about everything about this wretched convention. All this security is crap, it's intrusive and annoying. Up yours DNC!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Brian, you seen any starz yet? :D

My brother called from Harvard Sq where he said he saw Clinton @ a book store. ... in the magazine aisle. :rolleyes: j/k he did snap a pix of him tho.

-tp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts